Shtroodle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After really, really long time I finaly bought my first NDS. Needles to say I was overwhelmed with happines. But since this is me, and everything always goes wrong when I'm really looking forward to something, it looks like the bottom screen may be messed up :'(

Right from the first run I noticed that the bottom screen is not as bright and clear as the top - it's kind of "ashy" and I have the feeling that the colors are paler. It's easily noticable on white background (like health warning screen) and on the black backgrounds, the top screen is perfectly blackish black while lower has this unpleasant glow to it.

I'm guessing this is actually a bad thing so I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with the similar problem and also do you think I'm eligible for recieving a new unit/refund.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

strummer12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's normal. I have one too. they use 2 different screens-grainy and grid. We have grainy.

Grainy=instant respone, more durable.

Grid=delayed response, less durable, but better picture.

septimus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My DS Lite, like yours, has a slightly tinted touchscreen. I think I have the grainy type as I see little tiny dots across the entire screen. Honestly it looks great regardless, enjoy your new DS you will soon forget about this trivial detail.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yes but i've heard that dead pixel can appear later if not now
frown.gif

PineappleH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of have that too... Just because life kicked you in the crotch, doesn't mean you need to put your hand over it all the time. You're too paranoid...

poolmonitor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo i just bought a nds also and i compared the bottom screen to another ds lite and mines is also darker so what the fuck whats the real reason behind this yo! someone explain or send a link

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
i got a stuck pixel. it doesnt annoy me and its blue and it only comnes on the top screen only if the area is totally black and i tried the stuck pixel fixer and it did nothing

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my screen is also grainy and has great sensitivity on touchpad. the first one i bought was prob the grid, i didnt notice the screen difference but it had horrable touch sensitivity even after calibrating it, i'd perfer the grainy one if i had a choice.

hinge crack is kinda hard to see until it develops, babied my DS forever dropped it, tossed it around, slept on it. seemed i was lucky not to have a hinge crack but recently when i checked there were 2 cracks each almost half way, then i opened the ds all the way and the hinge crack got bigger and touched making it a full crack... anyhow its easily fixed via glue, i used model glue (basicly melts plastic and fuses it together) kinda caved in a little but hinge compleatly fixed. its basicly cosmetic i think unless you try opening the ds and pushing it beyond 180° line, perhaps thats where all those totally ripped in half ds i see on ebay comes from.

think it helps to get bunch of rubber bands to help keep pressure on the crack while glueing if your afraid to glue it just send it to NOA i guess.

Edit--
oh i havnt seen a single dead/bad/lazy pixel on a DSL yet, i've bought 5 DSL and all were dead pixel free or it seemed when i tested it.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I got to exchange my DS Lite twice because of stuck pixels before I found one that has none. Lucky for Wal-Mart's excellent return service
smile.gif

And yeah, my touch screen is a little bit yellowish. But stuck pixels annoy me more than the the yellow tint.

Shtroodle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, maybe I'm really paranoid but try to understand - I was really looking forward to this and on top of it all I'm obsessed with all sorts of imperfections and always find these things marring my happiness (something like Poe's "Berenice"). Anyway, I know I'm probably the one who needs help and not my DS, but I just wanted to know your opinions and possible advices. Thank you all for your comments and here are some photos of the problem. Please be gentle if it turns out I'm actually crying over nothing.

One more thing - I haven't resized the images so beware, and I'm guessing you won't really be able to tell the difference on an LCD monitor due to the way they handle colors - you'll need a CRT.

Danieluz

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly I would say... if that's the only problem with your ds... Just keep it. I had 4 ds lites, the first one had this exact same problem, I was annoyed so I traded it, after that I had another which ... I don't know the word to describe this... how can I say... let's say that the ds has 2 parts the one with the bottom screen and the one with the top screen... the part with the top screen didn't stood still, I mean... It would only close if I closed it, but everytime I made a small movemente with It I feeled the top part kinda... "moving"... like the ds had already had lots of use... I hope you can understand what Im trying to say... anyway, it was annoying so I traded it again, after that I got one with a stuck pixel, and that was also annoying, so I traded it once again... and that's when I finnaly got a perfect ds lite .... ok... it wasn't perfect, it had yet again the bottom screen kinda yellowish tint =/ Anyway I kept it, and I still love it =D I called it perfect back then, because after my 2nd and 3rd ds lite's everything that didn't had any of those problems would be perfect to me. I wouldn't mind the yellowish screen anymore.

Anyway, it's your ds, your money and in your place I would surely ask to trade it.

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my first ds lite had a blue stuck pixel -> trady trade -> then I got my current one with a yellowish bottom screen -> I was really pissed and bought a second white one -> same problem here so I returned the white one and kept ol' yellow.

It only sucks while playing kawashima but since I am uber-brain, I don't need stinkin' kawashima no mo'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mmmmm uremum
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Always shooting that dairy out uremums tiddies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My thread front ten years ago got 10,000 views lol
  • DolphinCube @ DolphinCube:
    Sup peps? I rarely talk on here but is there a way to disable the ads that cover the chat a lil. Its annoying at times
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can avoid the ads by becoming a paid Patron.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, or use an adblocker
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i'd recommend ublock origin
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brave browser
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, kinda
  • DolphinCube @ DolphinCube:
    @Xdqwerty is that just a chrome extenstion orr...?
    DolphinCube @ DolphinCube: @Xdqwerty is that just a chrome extenstion orr...?