New DS Linker: Microninja!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm being very fussy here it does seem to stick out a little. I want one thats a perfect fit. It wasn't that long since they release their other slot 1 solution.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I buy it or Should I buy DS-X ? I am not sure what's the different betwen this and DS-X. DS-X score 9.5/10 and this score 7/10. What do you think?

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
They are making a new review of the DS-X... it is not as good as everyone promoted. The NinjaDS is cheaper and has the same/better features and it has been out for a longer time = has a better support. They even released their fatlib for everyone to get.

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
im happy with my ds-x and the size. it is perfect for gaming. ill be getting a psp for media/emu anyways, as that has better video playback and requires flash memory anyways.

the 128meg games can be trimmed (as with any other games). mech assault goes from 128, to 80. something to think about
wink.gif
. besides, if a bigger or better solution comes out, i can get it and give/sell my ds-x to my brother or cousin who are not experienced computer wise.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS-Link can die slowly now , this product is the same , but with no need of flashme and better booting times.

People should be happy these things are made .All those suckers buying a DS-X will feel sorry for the fact that it only has 512 MB of space ,these people are talking about not needing a lot of memory while I am having issues having not enough space on my 1.0GB SD card for my M3 SD (the good ol' sticking out one).

Pokemon diamond is 128 MB and prolly a game lots of DS-X users are gonna put on it with that kick ass mini USB.how much memory do we have left then? than put up some music on that card , lets say 20 songs ... another nice 100 MB so thats already 50% of the memory .for a small amount of music , and a kick ass game ..... guys 512 isn't enough , and I know your willing to spend that extra buck for double the memory and the fact that you can take out that micro SD card , put it in the micro SD to SD card thingy and slide it in to your wii....

I agree, because I have a 2gig CF and I am always running out of room. Also, this ninja thing look great, I didn't know it had external memory, unlike ds-x. As soon as support for this gets better then ill get one since its cheap. One more thing, does it play gba games?

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s not a new product, lol! They think they have an exclusive but that info is even in my flashcart and homebrew guide from months ago. It was called the Ninja DS Pocket and only had 1Gbit (128MB) of space. The change to microSD is a well added addition as it now makes this product a contender but if they can't get it to sit 100% flush in the DS slot then they can count many users out. Also if the Ninja DS Pocket is anything like the other models they have quite a bit of work to do before this thing is ready for production.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They are making a new review of the DS-X... it is not as good as everyone promoted. The NinjaDS is cheaper and has the same/better features and it has been out for a longer time = has a better support. They even released their fatlib for everyone to get.

I wouldn't say that it has the same/better features just yet. DS-X still has much better homebrew support, can run download play on unflashed DSs and has overall better game compatibility. Also, it might be slightly faster since it uses built-in memory over microSD. Of course, the Ninja team has been promising to fix all these things in the near future via handy updates, so hopefully they won't be a problem.

Yes, it seems that there is a second opinion coming of the DS-X with a more extended compatibility list to look into all the other issues that were found with it. However, there is still a good chance that those will be fixed in future updates as well....remember, the DS-X is still brand new. I don't think any cart had perfect compatibility before the first update even, so wait for a while.

EDIT : Umm...I'm pretty sure that the GBATemp's staff was contacted and told that it would have microSD support, not have 128 MByte built-in memory. You guys care to clarify?

Also, you guys shouldn't ask which cart to buy before this one is even released, nobody is sure what it will be like yet. It was revealed less than a day ago!

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the same thing, they just decided that the memory they were going to use was to small so they made it a microSD solution. My last post is 100% correct.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

CronoTrig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, I love how people are still mentioning that 512MB is not enough. They sound almost as retarded as saying "WTF I WANT 50 GIGABYTES OF SPACE TO HOLD ALL MY SONGZ AND 100 GAMEZ WTF WTF". Seriously, the DS-X and the MicroNinja are two different products. People are happy with 512MB, some aren't; that doesn't mean either is superior. When it comes down to it, compatibility and ease of use (and for some, price) are the deciding factors that make or break a cart. So how about we all wait for a review (and the re-review of the DS-X for that matter), and then we can see which carts better.

Marvz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Haha, I love how people are still mentioning that 512MB is not enough. They sound almost as retarded as saying "WTF I WANT 50 GIGABYTES OF SPACE TO HOLD ALL MY SONGZ AND 100 GAMEZ WTF WTF".

Erm? What's wrong with complaining not enough space? So why don't u purchase a computer with a HDD of 10GB then (do they even have 10GB HDD on the market still?).

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As correct as your guide

Yes, as my guide was written in August/September time period and its still included in there. But during that time it was called the Ninja DS Pocket and only had 1Gbit (256MB) of memory. They have kept all of the same concepts of the first idea but they have added microSD support. So yes I'm correct.
lecture.gif

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

webez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No you are wrong. It is a reduced ninjaDS. Is M3 lite a revision of g6? NO. It's a revision of M3 miniSD.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One has to wonder why they just released the ugly ass U shaped Ninja product last week if they had this to be announced so soon after? I still prefer an internal solution as I just want to game....not transfer the TB of data from my computer to my DS but this is good news for those who prefer removable memory solutions....bad news for those (if any lol) that bought the U shaped one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==