Misc New DS, Error code 20109

mvillalo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I have an R4DS I just got a new DS(red top/ Black bottom) cause my old one broke.
Only now when I try to play online I get an error 20109 which a Nintendo rep said means an unauthorized device. Everything used to work fine. Did they change something in the newest generation of DS lites?
Oddly Mario Kart DS works just fine online which would make you think it is the Rom files but the same files worked on my old DS Lite(Polar White) just fine.I also tried eraseing my WI-FI ID but that didnt help. I am going to try and get my brothers DS since its older and try on there. Does anyone have any suggestions? or better yet solutions.

mvillalo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the unhelpful reply, No where does it say that I don't own the game only that I am trying to play it from my R4 and am wondering why it worked on my old DS but not my new one. Please keep your assumptions about me pirating games to yourself and refrain from posting unless you have something useful to add.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hahahahahaha. Just tell me something, if you can manage even this much honesty: has claiming that ever worked for you? Ever?

SuperGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dib:
Keep your obnoxious comments to yourself.

@mvillalo:
Quite odd. I've never heard of something like this before. Could you post the name of the game you tried to play on your R4, your R4's firmware version, your DS's firmware version, if it is flashed, and the serial number of your DSL?

If indeed this has happened, we have an issue on our hands...

mvillalo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update:

I have fixed the problem. As I said it was a brand new DS and if you only ever start a DS with your R4 in it will never go through the initial setup where you put your name, fav color ect. Once I did this everything worked fine. makes me feel kinda dumb but at least it works now.
Thanks to everyone for there suggestions

Captain N

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a new DS and my old wifi games on my old DS (sent in for repair) nolonger work.

I do believe we might have a problem. I've tried newer games lik Dungeon Explorer and Days of Ruin and Wifi doesn't work on either, I get the same error code as the OP!!!

I've setup my DS without R4, with a regular game, with new wifi settings, wifi play won't work with newer games and my new DS bought last week! I've tried the games on Supercard Slot-2 as well.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody forgot to transfer their Wifi settings from their old DS to the new one.
wacko.gif

Oopsy.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Perhaps your router is using WEP encryption and MAC address security? Have you entered the MAC address of your new NDS into the router so that it can obtain a WIFI signal? Double check that your WEP key and SID are set correctly into the new NDS.

There is no hidden updated that bans Flash kits from using the WIFI settings. If perhaps in theory there were it would be a handshake recognition that a firmware update to the Flash kit could easily spoof.

You have only mentioned that the "wifi play won't work with newer games and my new DS bought last week!," what about older WIFI Roms such as Mario Kart? Please fully debug before assuming, and this includes using a retail cart that has WIFI enabled play. If nothing works than the problem is with the NDS. If the retail cart works then in theory the Rom should also work because it is a byte for byte (1:1) copy of the original. The NDS does not care if you boot it from a Flash kit or a retail cart.

-Another World

I8AB2Day

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a reminder, this page is Google's second result for "Error Code" 20109 DS.
yay.gif

I just god a new brand new DS, and was stupid enough not to configure it before starting up my iTouch DS. The WiFi connection showed full bars for a few seconds, and then it suddenly goes bad and says Error Code 20109. This was easily fixed by taking out the iTouch and starting up the DS and letting it set up the configuration.

Thanks mvillalo
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-