New Detective Pikachu trailer released

Earlier today, Nintendo released a new trailer for Detective Pikachu that shows off new features, characters and game-play footage for the upcoming game.

• Trouble in Ryme City!: Ryme City is a place where people and Pokémon live together. But recently, many friendly Pokémon are behaving oddly for no apparent reason. While Pikachu and his friend Tim search for Tim’s father, Harry, they unwittingly stumble into the mysterious case of the problematic Pokémon. Can they solve the mystery and also find Tim’s father? Cue the dramatic music…
  • The Mysterious Mewtwo: While many different Pokémon appear in Detective Pikachu, the one who seems to hold the biggest connection to the overall mystery is Mewtwo. How is Mewtwo connected to everything? And why does Mewtwo know Pikachu?
  • A Colorful Cast of Characters: Many charming characters roam the streets of Ryme City. These include Pablo Millan, owner of Pikachu’s favorite café; Frank Holliday, an inspector at the Ryme City Police Department; and Meiko Okamoto, a camera operator for the local TV studio. Meeting and interrogating all of thesecharacters throughout the game is part of the fun.
Help solve the mystery when Detective Pikachu launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on March 23rd.

:arrow: Detective Pikachu Official Site

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That doesnt sound like Ryan Reynolds? I thought he was gonna be voicing our furry yellow friend?
I could be wrong, but I think that's for the Detective Pikachu movie and not the game.

why the hell does pikachu have that old man voice? good god, its scary and a no buy for me lol.
Click on the site link and it does say in the game description:

This Pikachu is unlike any other—the gruff Pokémon talks tough, loves strong coffee, and boasts about his brilliance as a wannabe great detective. Side by side, Tim and Pikachu will search for clues and talk to witnesses to investigate the disappearance of Tim’s father, Harry.
So this is kind of like the True Detective, LA Noire, or Assy McGee of Pikachus. :lol:

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Awesomeaustin316

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I could be wrong, but I think that's for the Detective Pikachu movie and not the game.

Click on the site link and it does say in the game description:

So this is kind of like the True Detective, LA Noire, or Assy McGee of Pikachus. :lol:

I guess Detective Pikachu got that voice from smoking cigarettes and drinking Whisky for years. They just couldn't add that information to keep the E rating.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1