New CycloDS beta firmware released

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by GeekyGuy, Dec 2, 2009.

Dec 2, 2009
  1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I know a lot of folks have been eagerly awaiting this latest firmware update, so here it is:

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12561

Enjoy!

P.S. -- Remember, this is only a beta, and I have no idea whether or not it addresses issues related to Might & Magic AP (which I doubt it does).

1 person likes this.
  2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Can you tell me which games it fixes

3. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Changelog:

* Many internal changes
    * Tweaked automatic game protection patcher, should fix delays with some games
    * Game compatibility fix (4262, 4323)

4262 - Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games (U)(Xenophobia)

4323 - Style Boutique (E)(SweeTnDs)

4. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    See they still have no OFFICIAL cop fix yet Team Cyclops is becoming so lazy these days ak and m3 ftw

5. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    That's a bit unwarranted, I think. They're working on many things, and it actually wasn't that big a gap between beta updates. I think many folks are just impatient because of games they really want to play that have compatibility issues. But compare TC's support to pretty much any other flash card outfit, and man, they're pretty tough to beat. Games like Might & Magic dump, have AP, and damn, if you've got to wait two days to get a fix, it seems like forever. That's not an entirely practical way of viewing things, though. [​IMG]

6. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Not that game im talking about other OFFICIAL fixes like battle of giants dragons, cop the recruit etc.

7. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    If they're not quick anymore, what makes their support so much better than that of, for example, the M3 Team? The CycloDS Evolution is a nice cart, but nowadays a lot of carts are better.

8. Ericthegreat

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    From was i've seen Cyclods is always almost first for major release fixes, I doubt too many ppl care about these games, they prob making a super final release.

9. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    mario and sonic and style boutique used the same AP so it was one major fix and assuming that Ninty used that SAME AP for zelda, it should be playable as soon as its dumped

on a side note, i will be uplaoding to MF in a few hrs, as im at job training now.

10. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    If anyone could upload it anywhere that would be great, seems my IP is still banned, even though i did nothing wrong, didn't even get to register in the first place.

11. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I know when I complained over a TC's forums about the lack of updates, it was more to illicit a response from TC than any actual bitching.

Anyway, the most immediate issue I see with this beta is that I can't adjust the backlight brightness upon boot up like we used to be able to do. When you go to the menu upon initial boot, it will say, "LCD Brightness: Unavailable". It WILL adjust the brightness if you "pop" into the enhanced menu during a game though.

Other than that though, this beta FW seems fine.

12. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    luke: i should have it up by midnight uk time the latest as i dont get on till about 4:30 est.

13. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Well, "quick" is a relative term, and it's pointless to debate who's better than who. But it's hard to argue that Team Cyclops didn't set a new standard for support with flash cards.

In any case, there's obviously some forward thinking going on on their part, and they've hinted at some big updates that will occur in the near future. I'm guessing that's slowed them down some. Seriously, though, before this gap in updates, when have they ever been slow to respond to their customers. One minor gap in beta updates and everyone jumps ship? To each his own, but I still feel like I get good service. I don't get paid by them, and I am in no way associated with them -- just my opinion on the matter.

Anyway, just thought Cyclo owners would want to know about the update. [​IMG]

14. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Direct quote from one of the staff:

Sometimes, when the development team are working on R&D the price you pay is having to wait a little. But Team Cyclops have gone for a while without making an appearance, but that's all. They've always reappeared.

The threats to jump ship just show who's impatient [​IMG]

15. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i think when there is a flood of users who move towards a cart... they developers do not pay too much attention to updates (R4 is the clearest example)...
    the reason could be tht
    1.) they are more worried about sales than customer support
    2.) too many hackers have risen up to solve problems which other carts have due to AP influx
    let's hope this doesnt die out