Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Changelog:

* Many internal changes
* Tweaked automatic game protection patcher, should fix delays with some games
* Game compatibility fix (4262, 4323)

4262 - Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games (U)(Xenophobia)

4323 - Style Boutique (E)(SweeTnDs)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
...Team Cyclops is becoming so lazy these days ak and m3 ftw

That's a bit unwarranted, I think. They're working on many things, and it actually wasn't that big a gap between beta updates. I think many folks are just impatient because of games they really want to play that have compatibility issues. But compare TC's support to pretty much any other flash card outfit, and man, they're pretty tough to beat. Games like Might & Magic dump, have AP, and damn, if you've got to wait two days to get a fix, it seems like forever. That's not an entirely practical way of viewing things, though.
wink.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
irpacynot said:
Rockstar said:
...Team Cyclops is becoming so lazy these days ak and m3 ftw

That's a bit unwarranted, I think. They're working on many things, and it actually wasn't that big a gap between beta updates. I think many folks are just impatient because of games they really want to play that have compatibility issues. But compare TC's support to pretty much any other flash card outfit, and man, they're pretty tough to beat. Games like Might & Magic dump, have AP, and damn, if you've got to wait two days to get a fix, it seems like forever. That's not an entirely practical way of viewing things, though.
wink.gif
If they're not quick anymore, what makes their support so much better than that of, for example, the M3 Team? The CycloDS Evolution is a nice cart, but nowadays a lot of carts are better.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From was i've seen Cyclods is always almost first for major release fixes, I doubt too many ppl care about these games, they prob making a super final release.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mario and sonic and style boutique used the same AP so it was one major fix and assuming that Ninty used that SAME AP for zelda, it should be playable as soon as its dumped

on a side note, i will be uplaoding to MF in a few hrs, as im at job training now.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know when I complained over a TC's forums about the lack of updates, it was more to illicit a response from TC than any actual bitching.

Anyway, the most immediate issue I see with this beta is that I can't adjust the backlight brightness upon boot up like we used to be able to do. When you go to the menu upon initial boot, it will say, "LCD Brightness: Unavailable". It WILL adjust the brightness if you "pop" into the enhanced menu during a game though.

Other than that though, this beta FW seems fine.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
If they're not quick anymore, what makes their support so much better than that of, for example, the M3 Team? The CycloDS Evolution is a nice cart, but nowadays a lot of carts are better.

Well, "quick" is a relative term, and it's pointless to debate who's better than who. But it's hard to argue that Team Cyclops didn't set a new standard for support with flash cards.

In any case, there's obviously some forward thinking going on on their part, and they've hinted at some big updates that will occur in the near future. I'm guessing that's slowed them down some. Seriously, though, before this gap in updates, when have they ever been slow to respond to their customers. One minor gap in beta updates and everyone jumps ship? To each his own, but I still feel like I get good service. I don't get paid by them, and I am in no way associated with them -- just my opinion on the matter.

Anyway, just thought Cyclo owners would want to know about the update.
wink.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Direct quote from one of the staff:

Evolution said:
We'd like to apologise for the lack of activity from Team Cyclops recently. We've had our full attention focused on some interesting new developments

Sometimes, when the development team are working on R&D the price you pay is having to wait a little. But Team Cyclops have gone for a while without making an appearance, but that's all. They've always reappeared.

The threats to jump ship just show who's impatient
rolleyes.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i think when there is a flood of users who move towards a cart... they developers do not pay too much attention to updates (R4 is the clearest example)...
the reason could be tht
1.) they are more worried about sales than customer support
2.) too many hackers have risen up to solve problems which other carts have due to AP influx
let's hope this doesnt die out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey