Hacking new console on 3.0.2

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hi everyone i just bought a new Switch and its on 3.0.2 and i got my home made jig working with pin 1-10, how do i move from here ,update to 8.0.1 or should i stay at 3.0.2, and can i play new games if i stay on this firmware,can i run atmosphere on this 3.0.2, any help be appreciated ,thank you

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can't play new games on 3.0.2
Atmosphere works on all firmware
I recommend going to 7.0 then 8
Don't go online now when you hack it
Backup your nand first thing btw. There are guides in the guides section
I recommend updating with ChoiDujourNX and enabling auto rcm so you don't burn fuses so you can downgrade later if you need to (with your backup)

Last edited by chippy,
Reactions: NoNAND

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing you should do is backup your NAND with Hekate. From there, what you should depends on your preferences. Do you plan on using online play with legitimately purchased games? Do you care about being able to downgrade for future exploits? Do you want to use the RCM exploit like you already have (recommended), or do you want to use the warmboot browser exploit instead?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't play new games on 3.0.2
Atmosphere works on all firmware
I recommend going to 7.0 then 8
Don't go online now when you hack it
Backup your nand first thing btw. There are guides in the guides section
I recommend updating with ChoiDujourNX and enabling auto rcm so you don't burn fuses so you can downgrade later if you need to (with your backup)
There is no reason to go to 7.0 before going to 8.0. If the goal is to update to 8.1.0, there is no reason not to update straight to 8.1.0.

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok im backing up my NAND atm, my preferences are no i wont be doing any legitimacy purchases, and yea it would be nicer to have the option to downgrade if need be, i will ordering RCM tonight untill then i will use my homemade jig,dont know what warmboot browser exploit is

so after backup NAND i should just update to 8.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX and then install Atmosphere?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im backing up my NAND atm, my preferences are no i wont be doing any legitimacy purchases, and yea it would be nicer to have the option to downgrade if need be, i will ordering RCM tonight untill then i will use my homemade jig,dont know what warmboot browser exploit is

so after backup NAND i should just update to 8.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX and then install Atmosphere?
If you don't want to use a jig, you have the option of installing AutoRCM. This will cause your Switch to coldboot into RCM each time it's powered on after being completely shutdown. This is a convenient way to enter RCM, but it means you can't power off your Switch without having to inject an RCM payload using your computer. Otherwise, your Switch will be trapped in RCM until you can get to a computer.

The warmboot browser exploit is a way of loading Atmosphere without using the RCM exploit. Instead of using RCM, you would launch a web browser hack. The RCM exploit is recommended, however.

After you backup your NAND, you can update to 8.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX. If you want to preserve your fuses (and/or you want to make entering RCM more convenient), you can install AutoRCM during the update with ChoiDujourNX. It will do this by default unless you disable it. By preserving fuses, you will have the option of downgrading in the future.

If you don't want to install AutoRCM but you still want to preserve your fuses, you can use an emuNAND on 8.1.0 instead.

Reactions: NoNAND

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
so if i go AutoRCM then Switch wont turn off if i press power button?
also after backup NAND ,do i need Atmosphere first in order to run update using ChoiDujourNX

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i go AutoRCM then Switch wont turn off if i press power button?
also after backup NAND ,do i need Atmosphere first in order to run update using ChoiDujourNX
If you're running Atmosphere, the Switch will turn off when you press the power button. The problem is you won't be able to turn it back on without it automatically going into RCM. In other words, if you turn it on, you won't be able to use it until you inject an RCM payload. If you keep your Switch in sleep mode when you're not using it, you're unlikely to run into any problems.

You need to run a CFW like Atmosphere before you can use homebrew applications like ChoiDujourNX.

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
so if i go with AutoRCM i need to inject a payload to turn Switch off in order it to turn back on in RCM with my CFW running from bootup?
is Atmosphere the best CFW to run downloaded game and do all that cool stuff

scrouble

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can use atmosphere cfw with fw 3.0.2 Just fine. Get a big SD card, use emunand, create one emunand for playing online if you want too. And the other one for playing pirated games. Or if you don’t care about online just create one. This way you keep your switch on 3.0.2 and you can use a warmboot exploit to launch cfw(So you don’t need a jig or autorcm).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i go with AutoRCM i need to inject a payload to turn Switch off in order it to turn back on in RCM with my CFW running from bootup?
is Atmosphere the best CFW to run downloaded game and do all that cool stuff
No. You can turn your Switch off. You can turn it on, but it will only boot into RCM. From here, you can only turn it back off or inject a payload.

Atmosphere is the best CFW. It has the most features and is updated most frequently. ReiNX is also good.

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok so you mean keep one emunand on 3.0.2 and the other emunand on latest firmware to pirate newly released games,because someone said i cannot play new games on 3.0.2 firmware.

scrouble

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No I mean keep the sysnand on 3.0.2 and create a emunand for a higher firmware. Search for some tutorials on how to create a emunand. All that matters is that this way you keep the originally installed firmware on 3.0.2. For a cfw you always need an exploit, the warmboot one which doesn’t require a jig is very rare and only supports lower firmwares like 3.0.2

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No I mean keep the sysnand on 3.0.2 and create a emunand for a higher firmware. Search for some tutorials on how to create a emunand. All that matters is that this way you keep the originally installed firmware on 3.0.2. For a cfw you always need an exploit, the warmboot one which doesn’t require a jig is very rare and only supports lower firmwares like 3.0.2

ya im looking places to get emunand i know how it works on 3ds days,lol if warmboot only supports lower firmware like 3.0.2 that means it wont play games that require 8.0.1 firmware?? or is there a way around it

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya im looking places to get emunand i know how it works on 3ds days,lol if warmboot only supports lower firmware like 3.0.2 that means it wont play games that require 8.0.1 firmware?? or is there a way around it

Waemboot from low firmware in sysnand and you boot a updated emunand in your microsd card.

I would keep the fuse count los, 3.01 and 3.0.2 hace the same fuse count and 3.0.1 is the last versión that could have a software coldboot hack, improbable but it might happen.

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you saying i keep sysnand on 3.0.2 and update emunand to 8.0.1??
im sorry but i didnt understand what you meant by fuse count los, 3.01 in the second line

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
If you don't want to use a USB device & Jig (or just a USB device with auto rcm) to inject the payload every time you power the Switch on from a cold boot then stay on a firmware that is 4.1.0 or lower and setup an Emunand.

Personally now Emunand is free for everyone i don't really see any benefit in updating your Sysnand unless you want to keep it totally clean for online play and have an Emunand for hacks only.

If you never plan to go online you might as well keep your Sysnand that as low as possible for any potentially more convenient exploits that could appear in the future.

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you don't want to use a USB device & Jig (or just a USB device with auto rcm) to inject the payload every time you power the Switch on from a cold boot then stay on a firmware that is 4.1.0 or lower and setup an Emunand.

Personally now Emunand is free for everyone i don't really see any benefit in updating your Sysnand unless you want to keep it totally clean for online play and have an Emunand for hacks only.

If you never plan to go online you might as well keep your Sysnand that as low as possible for any potentially more convenient exploits that could appear in the future.

i dont mind injecting payload, i just wanna be able to pirate new releases and not be restricted by lower firmware,
also if i update my emunand to 7 or 8 firmware will my sysnand be automatically updated or will it stay as it was

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you saying i keep sysnand on 3.0.2 and update emunand to 8.0.1??
im sorry but i didnt understand what you meant by fuse count los, 3.01 in the second line

You can keep your console on low firmware and run the latest firmware on the microsd without updating the console.

Switch has a downgrade protection, everytime there is a big firmware update a fuse is burnt. If you update with autorcm enabled or upgrade the emunand on the microsd fuses are not burnt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?