Hacking new cIOS released R5

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Waninkoko has already advised that this wont work directly with the present loaders and he had given advice on how to change them to work with the new system.

Someone should come up with a loader for the new cIOS fairly soon - id be thinking in the next day anyway given the speed they are working on stuff at the moment.

The Cios_fix.wad seemed to have sorted a lot of games for most people if combined with the backuploader that was released after it - ive seen most games work well on that.

Thanks For the info Djtaz. Your always very informative.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I love it when stuff really starts coming together... Thanks Wan.. knew you had another in you... I know this all probably has come to a last nerve with you..but we do owe you and the other coders involved a thanks... Just nod your head...or don't....and say your welcome...

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
Zeek03 said:
Waninkoko is reading this thread...

What does this do?

Waninkoko, is this another "dangerous and not useful" application?
Yes, because all of waninkokos app's have been useless.
Right, sure.
Waninkoko's ios' were used for dumping wii iso's and stuff, among other things.

I found the Downgrader and region changer to be of very good use. I dont see how u can say that "ALL" his apps were useless

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
even tho no one as bricked to date
I've had people buy SaveMiis because they bricked their Wiis with Waninkoko's downgrader or region changer.

I didn't make it up when I said that those were dangerous.

cIOS is definitely not dangerous. It might qualify for "useless", though (unless you're a pirate).

Either way, this "magic" new cIOS isn't going to improve DVD read speeds. He's also still extremely inefficient in the way he does things. And some parts are totally weird / useless / a stupid way of doing it. I'm also not making it up when I say that Waninkoko isn't a particularly good coder.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
linkinworm said:
even tho no one as bricked to date
I've had people buy SaveMiis because they bricked their Wiis with Waninkoko's downgrader or region changer.

I didn't make it up when I said that those were dangerous.

cIOS is definitely not dangerous. It might qualify for "useless", though (unless you're a pirate).

Either way, this "magic" new cIOS isn't going to improve DVD read speeds. He's also still extremely inefficient in the way he does things. And some parts are totally weird / useless / a stupid way of doing it. I'm also not making it up when I say that Waninkoko isn't a particularly good coder.

ok, i correct my statement that I havnt seen one brick to date(in an forums or anything) cIOS isnt exactly useless, it lets you install wads(i know can be used for piracy but there many homebrew that has been turned into channels as people dont know how to make .elfs to install stuff like you did(unless you released a document on how to do that). this wasnt ment to improve DVD read speeds aswell. people need to know that that isnt going to happen while useing DVDx.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
people need to know that that isnt going to happen while useing DVDx.
You're officially an idiot. It's been said time and time and time again that the read speeds have NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH DVDX. It's a HARDWARE LIMITATION.

QUOTE(soonepoon @ Oct 17 2008, 12:32 PM) Without him there would just be the homebrew channel and nothing more.
Are you suggesting that Waninkoko created or helped create most or even many Wii Homebrew applications?

Though I guess without Waninkoko nothing would have existed if "the world" for you means "piracy".

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
linkinworm said:
You're officially an idiot. It's been said time and time and time again that the read speeds have NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH DVDX. It's a HARDWARE LIMITATION.

QUOTE(soonepoon @ Oct 17 2008, 12:32 PM) Without him there would just be the homebrew channel and nothing more.
Are you suggesting that Waninkoko created or helped create most or even many Wii Homebrew applications?

Though I guess without Waninkoko nothing would have existed if "the world" for you means "piracy".
There is a lot of praise to be shared by many. (You might be against piracy per say but hombrew opened the door you know)

And has it been proved to a 100% certainty that it is a hardware limitation?

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
linkinworm said:

you said that you could get a fully working backup loader with 6x read speeds menu loading no patching n all the other stuff, if its a hardware limitation how can you magicly do it?

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
you said that you could get a fully working backup loader with 6x read speeds menu loading no patching n all the other stuff, if its a hardware limitation how can you magicly do it?
I never said anything about 6x. I said I could speed it up because half of the slowness is due to Waninkoko's shitty code. I could get it faster than 6x using SDHD cards instead of DVDs, because I know how to talk to the SD system.

QUOTE(Rugapand @ Oct 17 2008, 12:42 PM) And has it been proved to a 100% certainty that it is a hardware limitation?
It's been proven with 100% certainty that it's a firmware limitation on the drive, and that a hardware limitation prevents patching the firmware. So unless you can find a hole in the firmware, yes, practically speaking, it's a hardware limitation.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
marcan said:
...It might qualify for "useless", though (unless you're a pirate).

Geez marcan you are a bitch!
Useless for everyone? Where is this "magic" you are quoting?
Isn't a particularly good coder compared to who... you!? Are you some sort of 'coding judge' now?
marcan is still extremely childish in the way he says things. And some things he says are totally weird / useless / a stupid way of saying it.

Kudos for the great work on hacking the Wii marcan, but do you have to be so rude when speaking about others work?
You don't.

smitty1258

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan said:
linkinworm said:
I never said anything about 6x. I said I could speed it up because half of the slowness is due to Waninkoko's shitty code. I could get it faster than 6x using SDHD cards instead of DVDs, because I know how to talk to the SD system.

QUOTE(Rugapand @ Oct 17 2008, 12:42 PM) And has it been proved to a 100% certainty that it is a hardware limitation?
It's been proven with 100% certainty that it's a firmware limitation on the drive, and that a hardware limitation prevents patching the firmware. So unless you can find a hole in the firmware, yes, practically speaking, it's a hardware limitation.

Actions speak louder than words, put your talents and skills to work, like you run your mouth, the community will be better for it.

soonepoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
marcan said:
linkinworm said:

wtf are you talking about? what world?

i dont know about your world, but in my world the dozens of emulators for the hbc equals piracy aswell

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
smitty1258 said:
Actions speak louder than words, put your talents and skills to work, like you run your mouth, the community will be better for it.

No it won't. People will be able to pirate games easier, that's all.

As marcan has said COUNTLESS times, he's not interested in doing that.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
marcan said:
linkinworm said:

how can you say his code is shitty, when he got most of his stuff in the 1st place from you guys?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference