New Battery cycle counts

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I changed my old battery to a new one, but cycle counts and health, do not changes (keep couting from the old one).

Is there a way to manually reset the battery cycle counts? Tried to use battery fixer homebrew, but nothing changes in this sense.

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for your feedback. Tried the combo and the battery fixer. None of them fixed the cycle count and health of battery. I will report an issue on the github. Thanks, one more time.

Reactions: Tarmfot

AndyHazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a chance your new battery is not actually new?

I recently ordered a new battery (Cameron Sino brand), though I've still got a couple of weeks to wait for delivery 😮‍💨 I read a lot about these "new" batteries just being old batteries of varying quality with new labels slapped on them ...

There didn't seem to be any reliable suppliers around, but my og battery is seriously flagging so as the replacements are not that expensive I'll try my luck. But I guess if you get a relabled battery then the cycle count might still be high even if it's new to you.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
There's a chance your new battery is not actually new?

I recently ordered a new battery (Cameron Sino brand), though I've still got a couple of weeks to wait for delivery 😮‍💨 I read a lot about these "new" batteries just being old batteries of varying quality with new labels slapped on them ...

There didn't seem to be any reliable suppliers around, but my og battery is seriously flagging so as the replacements are not that expensive I'll try my luck. But I guess if you get a relabled battery then the cycle count might still be high even if it's new to you.
Genius! And these crafty Chinese telepathically learn the exact number of charging cycles of the battery of the buyer and stick their sticker on the some old battery with exactly the same counts!
Another mystery of the century solved!

Reactions: MegasXLR

AndyHazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the cycles are an exact match then yeah that's too much of a coincidence. That theory only plays out if you didn't note down the number of cycles before replacing the battery ... and just saw the new one wasn't showing anything near zero.

Reactions: MegasXLR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)