Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ALL WADS CONTAIN ILLEGAL STUFF. ALL OF THEM. EVERY SINGLE ONE EXCEPT comex's bbc.wad.
exactly, don't know why anyone bothers, i'm sure originally they were using many illegal stuff.....
QUOTEThe next WADder will do animated channels, provided with a base WAD.
can't wait for this Ice
wink2.gif

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok, bit busy for a tutorial but heres what i do for those who are eager to try my method

1 - Unpack the 00.app and then the banner.bin and icon.bin with U8Tool by Howardc. Then repack the banner with paradox beta3 banner tools (this does the lz77 on banner and icon quicky and auto, and im not going to go into how to do this manually as it would be over most users heads)

2 - Replace the 02.app from your wad with the 07.app from a resent VC game - will be 306kb (rename to 02.app of course) Why you may ask? Well the latest nand loader in VC games allows for 01.app to be LZ77 compressed
smile.gif
This .app also has the added bonus of fixing that 480p no display issue that myself and others experience with the homebrew 02.app
tongue.gif

3 - Using wwcxtool.exe from wwpacker tools (by alpha-0) compress the 01.app using /C1, then replace the old 01.app with the new compressed version

BTW this also works nicely on VC games, especially ones such as SNES since it also allows for the rom and emanual to be lz77 C1 compressed
smile.gif

Hope that makes sense to some, makes for nice little channels

NOTE: I used the sound.bin from Wiiblaster repacked wad, its a nice size. If only we had a GC-DSP ADPCM encoder to use proper compressed sound.bns files
frown.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get all this legal crap.

Everyone is all like "Oh there is too much copyrighted material blah blah blah", So did you make your animated Banners without copyrighted stuff?

If not then whats difference between US using the copyrighted stuff and YOU using the copyrighted stuff?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slaphappygamer said:
its more a personal choice. i smoke pot and thats illegal. my buddy says "thats illegal" and he doesnt smoke. WHO CARES!!!
ohmy.gif

What they are doing is different though.

its like your buddy smoking pot, saying "mmm this sh&^# IS GOOD!" then saying, "but this is illegal so let me spend all of eternity finding a legal way to make this so you can smoke it also".

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you feel you have a way or even the knowledge/capability of making animated banners (custom ones, not having to use the set animation of the previous banner) then go ahead and knock yourself out. Enlighten us all with custom animations. Now, your version does not have to be legal. But if you can't even make one, legal or not, why bother complaining?

It seems like, all you can do, is wait for us to create the tools for you (which will be legal) -- or reverse engineer the banners yourself
wink.gif

If you REALLY want to, once we release the tools, go ahead and use them to make illegal banners, but seriously, what would be the point?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smoke the good shit and they will animate themselves
biggrin.gif

from what i gather it only illegal if they are distributed, i would like to make my own rather than use others from what i gather from the few bits ive read is you dump an Opening.bnr from a disc rename it to 00000000.app extract the banner bin extract that edit the TPL's using alpha colours for transparency and repack it in your wad. the discs brlan will tell it how to move
smile.gif

so far i get an error trying to extract the banner.bin for editing i guess ive either got it all wrong or am using the wrong tools.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
If you feel you have a way or even the knowledge/capability of making animated banners (custom ones, not having to use the set animation of the previous banner) then go ahead and knock yourself out. Enlighten us all with custom animations. Now, your version does not have to be legal. But if you can't even make one, legal or not, why bother complaining?

It seems like, all you can do, is wait for us to create the tools for you (which will be legal) -- or reverse engineer the banners yourself
wink.gif

If you REALLY want to, once we release the tools, go ahead and use them to make illegal banners, but seriously, what would be the point?

Meh, give me some time.

I don't know alot about coding, but when i learn, You won't have to worry about nonsensical stuff like this.

The way i see it is that hacking works way better as a community thing, and if you want to find a legal way out of this, you can work with the community to figure this out.

So if I do get around to figuring this stuff out before they decide its legal enough, (which, sadly, can happen), no need to fret about me not releasing anything for I will glady distribute it.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
ok, bit busy for a tutorial but heres what i do for those who are eager to try my method

1 - Unpack the 00.app and then the banner.bin and icon.bin with U8Tool by Howardc. Then repack the banner with paradox beta3 banner tools (this does the lz77 on banner and icon quicky and auto, and im not going to go into how to do this manually as it would be over most users heads)

2 - Replace the 02.app from your wad with the 07.app from a resent VC game - will be 306kb (rename to 02.app of course) Why you may ask? Well the latest nand loader in VC games allows for 01.app to be LZ77 compressed
smile.gif
This .app also has the added bonus of fixing that 480p no display issue that myself and others experience with the homebrew 02.app
tongue.gif

3 - Using wwcxtool.exe from wwpacker tools (by alpha-0) compress the 01.app using /C1, then replace the old 01.app with the new compressed version

BTW this also works nicely on VC games, especially ones such as SNES since it also allows for the rom and emanual to be lz77 C1 compressed
smile.gif

Hope that makes sense to some, makes for nice little channels

NOTE: I used the sound.bin from Wiiblaster repacked wad, its a nice size. If only we had a GC-DSP ADPCM encoder to use proper compressed sound.bns files
frown.gif

Just a heads up i ripped the sound.bin from a wiiware title, Gradius rebirth i do believe

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Phratt said:
deba94 said:

wink.gif

Meh, give me some time.

I don't know alot about coding, but when i learn, You won't have to worry about nonsensical stuff like this.

The way i see it is that hacking works way better as a community thing, and if you want to find a legal way out of this, you can work with the community to figure this out.

So if I do get around to figuring this stuff out before they decide its legal enough, (which, sadly, can happen), no need to fret about me not releasing anything for I will glady distribute it.
Just having my daily fun with showing people how they contradict with themselves.

Anywho, its entirely up to the coder to make something an open beta don't ya think? I'm sure you know that since, you're a coder... right?

I can't wait to see what you give to the community in relation to animated banners
smile.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
Phratt said:
deba94 said:

wink.gif

Meh, give me some time.

Just having my daily fun with showing people how they contradict with themselves.

Anywho, its entirely up to the coder to make something an open beta don't ya think? I'm sure you know that since, you're a coder... right?

I can't wait to see what you give to the community in relation to animated banners
smile.gif

OMG YOU SO GOT ME! LOLOLOL

Seriously, I didn't contradict myself. I was going to figure it out, so i can distribute it, therefore allowing the community advance farther in hacking.

I currently don't know how to get to the bottom of with someone else without them being in my house so i don't see how anyone could around your "contradictory traps".

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Phratt said:
deba94 said:
Phratt said:
deba94 said:

wink.gif

Meh, give me some time.

smile.gif

Seriously, I didn't contradict myself. I was going to figure it out, so i can distribute it, therefore allowing the community advance farther in hacking.

I currently don't know how to get to the bottom of with someone else without them being in my house so i don't see how anyone could around your "contradictory traps".
Relax, I'm just having fun
wink.gif

If you really feel the need to work on something that has already been/is still being worked on just for the sake of making it public to the community, be my guest. We will continue our work, in private, with occasional updates to GBAtemp and our wiki (which is up and slowly being worked on).

Good luck with your process. Knowing what you're putting ahead of yourself, you're going to need it
wink.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
Phratt said:
deba94 said:
Phratt said:
deba94 said:

wink.gif

Meh, give me some time.

smile.gif

Relax, I'm just having fun
wink.gif

If you really feel the need to work on something that has already been/is still being worked on just for the sake of making it public to the community, be my guest. We will continue our work, in private, with occasional updates to GBAtemp and our wiki (which is up and slowly being worked on).

Good luck with your process. Knowing what you're putting ahead of yourself, you're going to need it
wink.gif

okay sorry for getting all riled up, but yeah, thanks for the luck, I no damn well its ganna take a long ass time.

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what is with the base wad from paradox which you can find in all this "banner edit tutorials" (with the 2 big icon´s) is this illegal, too?? (until today i had used this wad)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.