New AK2i hanging on game processing

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by gumbyx84, Jul 2, 2010.

Jul 2, 2010
  1. gumbyx84
    OP

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey. I just got my Acekard 2i in the mail today and decided to get it set up. I followed the many tutorials I have found here and got AKAIO 1.7 setup and loading. My problem came after I tried to load a game. The processing bar filled up, then nothing happened. It just sat there. The clock on the top screen was flashing, so I know the system didn't totally crash. Im using a DSi XL, so I hit the power button to load the main menu and loaded the Ak2i again. This time, and every time after that, when I select a game, the process bar is already filled and it just hangs there.

I'm rather annoyed because I've heard nothing but good things about the Ak2i. After searching through the forum, I can't find any posts describing the issue I am having. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

PS I just tested the cart on my DS Lite and the same thing happens.

2. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    try a different firmware? 1.7 might be the latest, but there's no reason not to test another earlier firmware first even if 1.7 doesn't work.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's probably because you've followed the guide stickied at the top of the forum.

Try following mine instead, and see if it works for you.

4. JabbaFlap

Newcomer JabbaFlap Advanced Member

United States
    sounds like you didn't use sd formatter (?)

5. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    nah, it's because he's updated AKAIO 1.7 with the loaders from AKAIO 1.6RC2. Because that's what the stickied guide tells you to do, and is the cause of many non working Acekards.

But yeah, it doesn't tell you to use the Panasonic SD formatter either.

6. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    1.6 RC-2 works actually. tk_saturn, I'm looking at your guide and there aren't any links to the proper loaders. Take it I should just use the ones that come with 1.7?

Edit: Should have checked it out before posting. Its working perfectly now.

tk_saturn, anyway to vote your guide to be stickied instead of that one?

7. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Did you even bother to read the guide? I know it's a rather long guide, but there's not much I can do with the anchors disabled.

8. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    You so didn't see my edit did you? I said I was mistake/screwed up and should have read before I posted. I read the guide, just not well enough on the first run through. After I posted I re-read it and saw it. I should have deleted the post, but I didn't. Though my edit was enough to show that I was stupid and didn't do my research properly before posting.

Seriously though, why jump down my throat? I actually really appreciate your guide and want it to replace the outdated sticky-ed one.

PS The original post about 1.6 RC2 wasnt direct at you. It was to JabbaFlap because it wasn't that the card was fragmented or corrupt.

9. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    No, I didn't see your edit until now. In fact I posted it before your edit, hence the post. I can appreciate because of the length it's not the easiest to read, but i've no idea what to do about it.

I simply get fed up posting the same thing over and over again.

I see him reading threads, he was even on here today. I don't why doesn't update his guide, as a lot of people follow it and it must be causing them issues. If he himself has done as he's put in his guide, then his own Acekard can't be working either. That's actually his 2nd guide, I created mine because he wasn't updating his first which again lead to non working installs in the same fashion.

10. gumbyx84
    OP

United States
    As I said, you got my vote to have your guide replace his. Sadly I know thats not how it works.

Also: Again I don't read the post. I didn't see you posted before I edited. I didn't refresh the page when I edited my post, so I didn't even see yours. lol Again sorry for being "that" kind of person.