Hacking New AK user, some problems

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my Acekard 2.1 from stuffs4kids last Monday, got it yesterday. I paid about double what DealExtreme charges, but between shipping from overseas, their rep for sending out bad/fake cards, etc... well, I paid double for a US dealer that guaranteed shipping out 2.1s.

I got a 2.1 with a black PCB, opeend to verify it was black. I'm using Kingston Japan 2 GB micro SDs, FAT32 formatted. Firmware 4.12.

DSDoom will not run. Can anyone run it under current firmware? I attempted 4.11 and 4.12 and get a black screen after I select the game mode(single, wireless). I've tried my commercial DOOM iwad and the incldued shareware iwad, black screen with both.

Soft reset will not work. It's ABXYLR together in the notes but this doesn't work. At all. The old method doesn't work, either.

Moonshell is said to support MIDI files but they're not even showing up in the directory listing or in Moonshell's browser. Any ideas?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In general, it's faster to format FAT16 rather than FAT32.

You have to enable soft reset in the menu. There is a global setting, and also settings for each game. You have to enable both, I believe.

I don't know the answers to your other questions.

-Bri

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
In general, it's faster to format FAT16 rather than FAT32.

I have a problem with that... when I format my 2 GB sticks as FAT16, my PC will only allow me to access half of that space(I get 1.83 GB of space after format), even though it reports 1.83 GB available. I am unable to write past the halfway mark with that formatting. I don' tknow if Windows XP has an issue or if my memory stick reader has a problem(I use a Sakar brand SD reader, not the unbranded one that came with my Acekard).

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of that problem. Two things you could try: 1) use the Panasonic formatter instead of the built-in Windows one, and 2) use the microSD reader that came with your Acekard.

-Bri

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Soft reset is L+R+A+B+Down on dpad on an AK2.

You just need to enable it in the main settings and it will be enabled for all games, u can disable it per game if needed (causes some games to lock up).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've never seen a solid state device format to what is shown during "advertisements." 2gb is never 2gb after a format. dsdoom works fine with akaio, i have never tried the official firmware and never will. make sure you have the prboom, dsdoom, and doom wad file in root. your doom wad file must be prboom compatible and named "doom.wad" or it will not work.

dx sells what they advertise. there are no fake acekards. they did have a large quantity of the "bad batch" because they are such a high volume dealer. if you receive an ak2 from them you can exchange it for a 2.1 with no questions asked.

-another world

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSdoom is a git to run on any card. It especially doesn't help when the included instructions are just plain wrong.

Best bet is to look up some threads on it to see how others got it running, cause I can't remember how myself but it was something like using different folders or something.

Diosoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the method to install DSDoom and I found the setting to enable soft reset. Still no clue on why MIDI isn't showing up in Moonshell.

The "Personality" skin on the AK site is also not displaying correctly, the top screen background coming out as a green pixel mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E