Hacking New 4gb SD not seen by HBC

ecw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 4.0 with all my "features" intact due to cIOS's installed. All works well with my 2gb card. I just got a Kingston 4gb card and the HBC doesn't recognize it. If I try to move a channel to it I get "This card cannot be used" error. I formatted it with Fat32 same as my 2gb. Why won't this work???

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem.... but with a "twist".... check this:

My Kingston 4Gb is SEE by the Wii, so I can move channel and saving without any problem. But Homebrew channel DON'T see the same card.

So, why the Wii SEE the card but Homebrew channel DON'T?

ecw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rambytes said:
I have the same problem.... but with a "twist".... check this:

My Kingston 4Gb is SEE by the Wii, so I can move channel and saving without any problem. But Homebrew channel DON'T see the same card.

So, why the Wii SEE the card but Homebrew channel DON'T?

Yup, same here. Wii sees it HBC doesn't.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TroyTheZombie said:
The_Hulkster said:
HBC is SDHC compatible nowadays, isn't it?

Not to my knowledge, It hasn't been updated for quite some time.

But since the BETA9, Homebrew channel suppose support SDHC, and by definition, SDHC is more than 2Gb, so 4Gb and +

Beta 9
  • Installer / updater now works with the October 23 update
  • SDHC support
  • REALLY fixed the memcard bug
  • Installer now picks newest sane IOS, fixes some beta8 regressions
  • Added a reload button (for SD card changes)
  • Return to system menu skips warning
  • Fixed some graphical glitches
  • Compliant ELF loading code (if you get errors use ELF to DOL Converter)
  • Saner XML load code
  • Many fixes to underlying stuff in the newer libogc

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
sometimes it happened to me. what i do is scan the sd using scandisk n tick "automatic fix error". btw i'm using kingston micro sdhc! i'm planning to buy another brand maybe toshiba or adata

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are 4GB SD cards that aren't SDHC, perhaps the HBC can only read standard SD cards up to 2GB, and if you want to use anything above 2GB, it has to be SDHC, while your 4GB card is only SD.

ecw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maduin said:
there are 4GB SD cards that aren't SDHC, perhaps the HBC can only read standard SD cards up to 2GB, and if you want to use anything above 2GB, it has to be SDHC, while your 4GB card is only SD.

I just looked at mine and it is a SDHC. I just can't figure this out. Anyone have any ideas?

ecw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
Hmm, odd problem indeed. Try formatting it in fat16 instead? (is that possible with a 4gb one? i forget)

No, I don't have that option. Only FAT32. The Wii recognizes a card is in the slot but when I click on it, it says this device cannot be used. I am on 4.0. Updated through Nintendo and installed patched IOS60 wad. I have all SD features working (moving copying, playing etc) with my 2gb card. Maybe the Wii doesn't like Kingston 4gb SDHC's. I am so confused. Tempted to buy a different brand. I am out of ideas. Usually Kingston works fine. I have a 4gb USB stick that works great on the Wii.

ecw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
here, try this program to format it into fat16. Its what i use when I have to get finicky readers to work with various cards/drives.

Swiss Knife

Thanks for the program Troy. I tried to format to FAT16 but the option was not there. I did a full format in FAT32 but no luck. Still not working. It shows on the Wii menu but can't access it through SD or HBC.
frown.gif

ecw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
hmm, too bad. seems like its an issue with that particular card, as I saw another person saying they couldn't get it to work. Weird though, kingston is usually such a good brand.

Yeah, just seen that thread. I posted there as well. Time for a new card.
frown.gif

***I also bought a Kingston 2gb Card at the same store, same time. It works fine.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD