New 3in1 not working

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Czar Kazem, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Czar Kazem
    OP

Czar Kazem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2012
    United States
    So the EZ Flash 3in1 cart I ordered just came in today, but I can't get it to work. Every time I load GBA ExpLoader, it tells me there is not slot2 card or whatever, and then starts anyway when I press continue.
    However, no games load. I have tried Fire Emblem 6 and Golden Sun in both the PSRAM and NOR, and with both, I just get the "Gameboy" screen, with no "Nintendo" underneath.

What's going on?

Also, I'm using an R4i SDHC

Edit: And I forgot to mention, I managed to load Fire Emblem 6 (with an English translation patch) ONCE. But have not been able to since.

Edit 2: Okay, I used a different version of GBA ExpLoader and games are loading in PSRAM. However, it doesn't keep my save files. So I tried to get NOR mode working, but that one won't do anything, just freezes when I try to copy game and gives me messages when I try to do anything else.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    Try making a save with the game in VBA and using that one to load the game.

This usually means you got a bad rom or the file was trimmed with a tool that probably cuts the first 32kb indescrimately before you got it.

3. Czar Kazem
    OP

Czar Kazem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2012
    United States
    Alright, I'll try the VBA save.

Though, will that help with NOR mode? Cause I can't seem to get anything done. A lot of controls give me message but don't seem to do anything. And trying to copy a game results in a freeze, no change in the screen itself.

4. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    where did you buy your 3in1?

5. Czar Kazem
    OP

Czar Kazem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2012
    United States