• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,474
  • Replies 46
D

Deleted User

OP
15497396860431835453980.jpg
my luma keeps crashing if I stay on the home menu for too long and don't go into an game. Sometimes the crashing doesn't happen. How do I fix this.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Oops answered one of my questions from a previous thread still need help with crashing it seems it may have stopped tho.

D

Deleted User

OP
15497681741172095897958.jpg
now when I go to the storage options this happens how do I fix this

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
15497694674941751912559.jpg

And this is happening now study the picture closely not all games are like this when I launch it says cart has been removed I think it might be doing that because I got it off that CIA site that does physical dumps and Majora's mask which I got off that CIA site works fine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your HOME Menu banner for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam ?? isn't appearing. That means the 3DS is having trouble loading the banner.bin file, which implies missing or corrupt data.
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster in Windows File Explorer. If your card is bigger than 32 GB, use guiformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw.
Report back the final results. There's reason to believe your SD card is faulty.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire
D

Deleted User

OP
Your HOME Menu banner for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam ?? isn't appearing. That means the 3DS is having trouble loading the banner.bin file, which implies missing or corrupt data.
  1. Copy everything off your SD card onto a computer.
  2. Reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster in Windows File Explorer. If your card is bigger than 32 GB, use guiformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw.
Report back the final results. There's reason to believe your SD card is faulty.
It's dream team ahm but I should upgrade my card when I think about it I'll be able to upgrade to a 256gb card with an excuse. I used this card for my 2ds so I should get a new one it's recommend to not reuse the card so I guess I'll be looking for the cheapest trustworthy brand cause micro SD card prices can be pretty compeitive with different brands and sizes of course so I'll be back later than usual

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's dream team ahm but I should upgrade my card when I think about it I'll be able to upgrade to a 256gb card with an excuse. I used this card for my 2ds so I should get a new one it's recommend to not reuse the card so I guess I'll be looking for the cheapest trustworthy brand cause micro SD card prices can be pretty compeitive with different brands and sizes of course so I'll be back later than usual
Empty out the SD card and scan it with H2testw before determining it's gone bad and needs to be retired. If you dispose of it when it happens to be still good, it would be like throwing away a still working but slightly dimmer lightbulb. It lights up and does its job but maybe not as bright as you hoped it would be. Check my signature for 256 GB SD cards if you decide on upgrading. Search GBAtemp and read about using 64 KB cluster size for cards that are 128 GB and bigger.

Edit - Don't forget to check the replacement card with H2testw before using it.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
D

Deleted User

OP
Empty out the SD card and scan it with H2testw before determining it's gone bad and needs to be retired. If you dispose of it when it happens to be still good, it would be like throwing away a still working but slightly dimmer lightbulb. It lights up and does its job but maybe not as bright as you hoped it would be. Check my signature for 256 GB SD cards if you decide on upgrading. Search GBAtemp and read about using 64 KB cluster size for cards that are 128 GB and bigger.

On 2nd thought I might not upgrade I might try to upgrade my switch because 40$ is expensive for the 3ds yes it's the same price as a game on there but still.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 2nd thought I might not upgrade I might try to upgrade my switch because 40$ is expensive for the 3ds yes it's the same price as a game on there but still.
For $40-50, you can put well over ~400 3DS games, DLC, and updates. And themes plus roms of other systems / emulator. This only makes sense if your intention is to go on a hoarding spree.

Depending if you have similar plans for the Switch, you might as well go ahead with 256 GB card for some future proofing. The Switch rom sizes are massive compared to the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

OP
For $40-50, you can put well over ~400 3DS games, DLC, and updates. And themes plus roms of other systems / emulator. This only makes sense if your intention is to go on a hoarding spree.

Depending if you have similar plans for the Switch, you might as well go ahead with 256 GB card for some future proofing. The Switch rom sizes are massive compared to the 3DS.
Yeah but I'm not digging deep into the library plus I have a psp to do the emulating

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Though the switch will replace my psp once the next Nintendo console comes or a new version may come out I should be to emulate up to Wii games so I'll be able to get rid of 3 consoles psp,Wii,and Wii u if they rerelease all the good games

D

Deleted User

OP

How do I recover the corrupted Mario and Luigi game

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I recover the corrupted Mario and Luigi game
This won't work if your save file had its data already corrupted before the start of this, but you can:
  1. Try to first backup the game save in Checkpoint or JKSM.
    • If Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (USA) isn't found, continue to step 2 anyway.
  2. Copy this file and put it on your computer:
    • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/000D5A00/data/00000001.sav
    • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (USA) has a Title ID: 00040000000D5A00
  3. On a different SD card that has been tested with H2testw, install a fresh copy of that game with the exact Title ID.
    • Reinstalling a game will overwrite and delete its previous save. It's safer to do this on a separate card.
  4. Launch the game once. See if your save manager recognizes the game.
  5. Copy the original 00000001.sav and paste/replace the blank SAV found in its directory.
  6. Backup a decrypted version of the save with the save manager of your choice.

D

Deleted User

OP
This won't work if your save file had its data already corrupted before the start of this, but you can:
  3. On a different SD card that has been tested with H2testw, install a fresh copy of that game with the exact Title ID.
    • Reinstalling a game will overwrite and delete its previous save. It's safer to do this on a separate card.
  5. Copy the original 00000001.sav and paste/replace the blank SAV found in its directory.
Actually just now I noticed it's happening to a bunch of games not just Mario and luigi. And also I can go into the storage management and they appear as ?.

Checkpoint freezes there's something wrong but the test said it was okay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually just now I noticed it's happening to a bunch of games not just Mario and luigi. And also I can go into the storage management and they appear as ?.

Checkpoint freezes there's something wrong but the test said it was okay
Did you test that SD card holding your games while it was empty or with it still holding stuff? H2testw will not give you clean results if your card is preoccupied.

D

Deleted User

OP
Did you test that SD card holding your games while it was empty or with it still holding stuff? H2testw will not give you clean results if your card is preoccupied.
I formatted it with godmode9 so no it wasn't holding anything

Checkpoints fine now my SD card is class 10

What do I do if my game is corrupted and doesn't appear is it not recoverable

Here's the title IDs I need
Kirby robobot
Dragon quest not vii the other usa one
Mario and Luigi paper jam
Donkey Kong country returns
Dream team (already have)
Theres other games but I don't care about those it's really games that don't matter like I prefer the gamecube version of Luigi's Mansion not the remake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted it with godmode9 so no it wasn't holding anything

Checkpoints fine now my SD card is class 10
H2testw isn't a formatter programmer. It's diagnostic tool to check if your flash memory like SD cards and USB drives have something wrong with them at a hardware level. Your missing HOME Menu banner and ? Data Management icons points to your card as being fake or faulty. If you don't check the (empty) card with H2testw [F3 for Linux or F3X for Mac], any further attempts at data recovery would be considered pointless since your card can't be trusted to hold and transfer data.

D

Deleted User

OP
H2testw isn't a formatter programmer. It's diagnostic tool to check if your flash memory like SD cards and USB drives have something wrong with them at a hardware level. Your missing HOME Menu banner and ? Data Management icons points to your card as being fake or faulty. If you don't check the (empty) card with H2testw [F3 for Linux or F3X for Mac], any further attempts at data recovery would be considered pointless since your card can't be trusted to hold and transfer data.
I emptied the card and it passed the test still having the problem can you please give the title IDs I have requested

D

Deleted User

OP
Dream team isn't appearing what happened teracopy didn't copy and paste it all

D

Deleted User

OP

D

Deleted User

OP

No no no I lost my saves

how do i get the save back if it got corrupted and doesnt appear why now i have to download the games and restart my progress

Im going to have to use a recovery software I guess one you would use if you deleted a file this literally ruined my day if only there was software that doesn't include cheats that speeds you back up where you were.

Do you know a good drive recovery software

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-