Hardware New 3DS XL Grip?

Adventurer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with my modded 3DS XL I'm getting a lot of play in, and I've got to say, this thing is uncomfortable as sin to hold for several hours on end.

I'd like to get a grip for it, but I'm curious if anyone here has had any experience with them, both with backplate on and backplate off.

My thinking is the safest bet would be modding a dreamGear Comfort Grip to have the uncovered game slot (why on earth does it not have that?) as well as exposed memory card. Ideally, I'd like to use one of the plastic snap-in grips, but I don't think the system will properly snap into them without the backplate on.

Adventurer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On second thought, I think I might get the $30 Cyber grip and just have the backplate in there without screws. I can put the little screws in a baggy in case I ever need em again.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm wondering the same thing, but for the small n3DS. There don't seem to be many accessories for the small one.

On second thought, I think I might get the $30 Cyber grip and just have the backplate in there without screws. I can put the little screws in a baggy in case I ever need em again.
The screws actually stay in even when unscrewed, so I just left my n3DS with the screws unscrewed but still attached. Very handy.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

my buddy has this for his o3ds non XL hopefully the creators of this product did some touch up from the previous one. I say this because on the o3ds one would snap on so tight and this product would scratch the 3ds console. to me it's a waste of money unless they put some sort of soft material where the handheld slides in. I'd rather not ruin my DS shell.

Adventurer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering the same thing, but for the small n3DS. There don't seem to be many accessories for the small one.

The screws actually stay in even when unscrewed, so I just left my n3DS with the screws unscrewed but still attached. Very handy.
Yeah but you can take out the little thing that holds the screws in place, I don't want the unscrewed bits sticking out inside the grip. I'll just have to make sure to put em in a baggy so they don't get lost.

Also I'm pretty sure there's a Cyber grip for the small version of the n3DS, considering what I'm getting is a Japanese import.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah but you can take out the little thing that holds the screws in place, I don't want the unscrewed bits sticking out inside the grip. I'll just have to make sure to put em in a baggy so they don't get lost.

Also I'm pretty sure there's a Cyber grip for the small version of the n3DS, considering what I'm getting is a Japanese import.
They don't stick out whatsoever even when unscrewed :)
At least not on my small n3DS.

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the Cyber grip for the N3ds xl and very happy with it. Got it through Amazon for about €20 delivered. Only thing I find about it is I've to make a conscious effort to keep index fingers on the L and R buttons instead of the grips, which act a bit like trigger grips without any buttons.

Adventurer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out the cyber grip doesn't really need the back plate. It will jostle a LITTLE, just a smidge with the backplate off, but you have to try to make it do so.

Definitely the best solution!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo