Hacking New 3ds using 9.9

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to update to 10.3 myself but when i try to use safesysupdater to just verify the md5s it fails on first 1.

oni222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after my 9.9 was bricked I decided to buy a new 3ds that came with 10.3u.
I told myself that this time I would install menuhax so that I do not have to deal with another partial brick.
After installing menuhax and using the L bumper to boot into homebrew, I proceeded with the 9.2 downgrade but mid way the n3ds crashed and once it rebooted I got the same partial brick as before!
So I tried booting into menuhax but it does not work!
So when I go into settings or browser it just endlessly waits at the loading screen. I inserted my Zelda Ocarina of time and the game loads.
Not sure how to proceed now, clearly the firmware did not downgrade all the way and I have no idea what to try next.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So after my 9.9 was bricked I decided to buy a new 3ds that came with 10.3u.
I told myself that this time I would install menuhax so that I do not have to deal with another partial brick.
After installing menuhax and using the L bumper to boot into homebrew, I proceeded with the 9.2 downgrade but mid way the n3ds crashed and once it rebooted I got the same partial brick as before!
So I tried booting into menuhax but it does not work!
So when I go into settings or browser it just endlessly waits at the loading screen. I inserted my Zelda Ocarina of time and the game loads.
Not sure how to proceed now, clearly the firmware did not downgrade all the way and I have no idea what to try next.
Buy powersaves and inject hacked saves and boot in to homebrew to downgrade the other titles, as you you have a franken-firmware.
EDIT: Here is a place you could buy them (it is fairly cheap): http://www.amazon.com/Action-Replay-PowerSaves-Pro-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00IVJ1M7M

Last edited by Blue,

oni222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

oni222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got it. I am going to google around for some guides but if anybody has something good please tell me.

oni222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to use OoT to boot into homebrew and used safesysupdater to flash. Once again I got Frankenfirmware even though the files checked as OK.
Anything I can do to fix the firmware or just try again until it works?

frosty5689

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to use OoT to boot into homebrew and used safesysupdater to flash. Once again I got Frankenfirmware even though the files checked as OK.
Anything I can do to fix the firmware or just try again until it works?
Once you verify that the 9.2 update files are not corrupted and matches your 3ds' region in safesysupdater, I suggest using sysupdater instead to downgrade. It has far less chance of rebooting midway.

oni222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd after my last flash attempt the OoT exploit does not work.
I launch into the game with the special save load it and it tries to boot the Homebrew menu but instead it crashes right after the "home menu hopbin" message.
It takes me straight to the OS desktop and sometimes it even crashes completely and I get the nintendo "an error has occured" message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1