Hardware New 3DS to smartphone

Riversong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've enjoyed the New Nintendo 3DS since AC: Happy Home Designer came preinstalled with it. I know that you can link with your home wi-fi to pull data from off of the device and put it onto your harddrive on your PC. My question: is there an app (or some other method) for an Android Galaxy S9+ that allows the same thing that my PC does (i.e. link with my smartphone to my N3DS)?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need to mod my 3DS? Or just follow steps 3 & 4 or spoilers?

Yah, you'll need to hack your n3DS with custom firmware if want to use FTP between the devices. Our replies were with the assumption you were a fellow 3DS homebrewer.

This will help you in your path of joining the dark side.

Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So I need to mod my 3DS? Or just follow steps 3 & 4 or spoilers?

You really just need basic homebrew to be able to use ftp.

But if you get that far, you might as well just spend the extra 30 minutes to get cfw (aka full control or "rooting" the system).
Doing Steelminer is about 70% of the work towards full cfw.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Riversong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, you'll need to hack your n3DS with custom firmware if want to use FTP between the devices. Our replies were with the assumption you were a fellow 3DS homebrewer.

This will help you in your path of joining the dark side.
Yeah I honestly was hoping since I had the New 3DS (not the standard) I could just download an app to my phone that would recognize the signal my N3DS sends out like my PC does to connect wirelessly to my N3DS.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I honestly was hoping since I had the New 3DS (not the standard) I could just download an app to my phone that would recognize the signal my N3DS sends out like my PC does to connect wirelessly to my N3DS.

Sorry you are then out of luck as there is no app that can do that and there never will be one.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Possible, thanks to MicroSD Management. The issue is that MicroSD Management is really hard to get working with anything other than Windows, and these days even Windows 10 has disabled support for SMB 1.0 so it won't even work on that without jumping through hoops. I've tried a couple file explorers on Android that have SMB support and neither were able to connect to the 3DS. However that doesn't mean there aren't others that will work. Keep in mind it's slow (tops out at about 1MB/s)

Reactions: Riversong

Riversong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible, thanks to MicroSD Management. The issue is that MicroSD Management is really hard to get working with anything other than Windows, and these days even Windows 10 has disabled support for SMB 1.0 so it won't even work on that without jumping through hoops. I've tried a couple file explorers on Android that have SMB support and neither were able to connect to the 3DS. However that doesn't mean there aren't others that will work. Keep in mind it's slow (tops out at about 1MB/s)
Thanks, that's what I've been hinting at & no one picked up on that. I'll experiment then

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks, that's what I've been hinting at & no one picked up on that. I'll experiment then

The ones I tried were ES File Explorer (not recommended btw, these days it's adware and possibly spyware) and Solid Explorer, but there are a lot of file explorers on the Play Store and I couldn't possibly try them all. There are probably specific apps just for accessing files on SMB shares too, and if your Droid is rooted you could install whatever version of SMB/CIFS you need that way and use scripts to mount the 3DS file share.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
TotalCommander + SMB plugin (TotalCmd-LAN) does work but FTP is the better option for homebrewed/cfw'd devices.

Last edited by ghjfdtg,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: