• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in my history, when I buy a console, they note my serial no. and it is shown on the receipt... Happened with my WiiU, and happened with my Zelda 3DS XL.

I've never seen that done, and now we have multiple confirmations that the New 3DS LL don't have an externally visible serial number.

D

Deleted-355425

My PAL N3DS came with no serial number on the box, no window to view the consoles sticker and no seals on the box.

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PAL N3DS came with no serial number on the box, no window to view the consoles sticker and no seals on the box.

Same here on the JAP one. Maybe this was done to deter those who try to hunt for a specific firmware out of the box?

D

Deleted-355425

Same here on the JAP one. Maybe this was done to deter those who try to hunt for a specific firmware out of the box?
Yup I think you are correct, you will just have to buy one, take it out the store and hope there are no seals, I'm guessing no seals so the stores can open them to record the serial number if they wish, and you will have to open it check the serial and return it if it's not correct.

Reactions: bobtheglob101

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell where you ordered it from?

Nippon-yasan

also, when it shipped/you've picked it up. Might be useful

I ordered dec. 1st (Monday) and it took them 2 days to prepare the shipment and another day to hand it off to fedex. FedEx only took 2 days and it just barley made it on Friday. For some reason Nippon-yasan puts under the shipping instructions to only deliver on weekdays. If it didn't make it I could've waited through the dreaded weekend D:

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nippon-yasan
I ordered from Nippon yasan the monster hunter LL that comes this Friday. I'm hoping it comes 9.0

I ordered dec. 1st (Monday) and it took them 2 days to prepare the shipment and another day to hand it off to fedex. FedEx only took 2 days and it just barley made it on Friday. For some reason Nippon-yasan puts under the shipping instructions to only deliver on weekdays. If it didn't make it I could've waited through the dreaded weekend D:

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nippon-yasan

Makes me feel like I should pull the trigger and purchase this. I wonder if they just pulled out a box randomly, or if it was systematic.

I really hope some third party is in production for a Japanese game right now... a 9.0-9.2 cart update would be invaluable.

It is a shame that in order to use cart updates you have to not connect to the internet, as otherwise the latest version will be downloaded. Maybe soon a NAND pinout will be released, and we can hardmod our safety.

flabulousfreddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a white regular n3DS tomorrow from Nippon-Yasan. Hopefully it will be on 9.1 as well. I'm hoping because that's the one that has themes, so it would make sense for Nintendo to have the newest batch with 9.1.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've heard that some New 3DS (LL) consoles from Japan are coming with 8.1.0J, while others are coming with 9.1.0J, so I figured I'd make a thread where people post the letters and first four numbers of their console's serial, along with the system version their aforementioned console came with and its color. An example submission would be:
Code:
New 3DS LL (Metallic Blue), QJH1017XXXX X, Version 8.1.0J.
If the New 3DS (LL) consoles are anything like the old ones, the serial numbers should give some idea of when Nintendo transitioned to shipping them with the new firmware version.

Australian submissions are welcome too, but since they all appear to currently come with 9.0.0E, it seems largely redundant. (Though, maybe in the future this list will be useful when Nintendo has the latest firmware patched to block Ninjahax/Gateway/etc., and Australians are struggling to find a 9.0.0E New 3DS.)

After I get enough submissions, I plan to make a Google Docs spreadsheet to help others more easily predict the version of their New 3DS before breaking the seal on the box.

My N3DS LL (JP) came with 8.1. I'll check for the serial later.

Reactions: Friendsxix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...