Hardware New 3ds Button Home problem after hardmod

shihouin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did an hardmod in a new 3ds XL 11.0U and after i did it the home button stopped of work: the problem is in my hardmod soldering or in button flat ?

N3DSXL_NAND_pinout.jpg

NinjaSushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem when I did my hardmod. When you take off the backplate you can see two FFC cables. The cable that folds under the motherboard is the homebutton FFC. when you installed the hardmod it probably pulled this cable loose.

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had the same problem on 4 N3DS XL after a hardmod was done.
The problem is that the ribbon cable from the home button no longer has a good contact in the zif connector.
The zif connector seems to be a common problem on the N3DS.

I solved this using advice from this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/repair-new-3ds-home-button.390507/
I did the solution from the last post with the paper inside the zif connector.
This worked for me on three of the N3DS. The last N3DS has some additional problems and before I open it I will try to get additional infos. But I am sure that I can solve the home button problem there too with the paper inside the zif connector.

DaBeast893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On the connector that connects the home buttons ribbon cable to the motherboard there are 4 small holes, you can use a needle head or another very thin but sturdy object to push the pins down slightly on to the ribbon cable.

Or be like me and accidentally pull off the plastic head and just manually push down the pins when they get exposed... the first option is probably better though...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??