Hardware New 2DS XL jailbreak help

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have follow guide and I'm using Steelthex, I have download Steel Diver Sup wars but when i shall open Steel Diver Sup Wars after overwrite save file, I get this error
20190530_121001.jpg

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
According to this page https://3ds.eiphax.tech/issues.html it is an issue caused by a missing or wrong payload.bin file.

It seems that – for the European version – a new otherapp file is needed (not yet on the official site https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp).

See also here and here.

You have the following options:
  • Wait until a new otherapp file is officially available – or get it from somewhere else (if you trust files from random locations).
  • If you do not have any, pay about 2€ for some cheap DSiWare and use Fredminer – this does not need an otherapp.bin
  • Use an ntrboot cartridge.
Good luck.

Lebster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I followed Jack Sorrel's guide to get the homebrew launcher on my 3ds, then I used 3ds.hacks.guide to take my 3ds from just the homebrew launcher to boot9strap, which is what I'd recommend

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I followed Jack Sorrel's guide to get the homebrew launcher on my 3ds, then I used 3ds.hacks.guide to take my 3ds from just the homebrew launcher to boot9strap, which is what I'd recommend
Does Jack Sorrell also provide an otherapp.bin file for 11.10.0-43E to start the Homebrew Launcher with Steelhax?

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I have download payload.bin file and i can start Steel Diver Sup Wars without error and now i get multippel colors on screen. I know it suppose to happen but how many tries must i try before lunch into Homebrew Launcher.

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last edited by PikachuPrincess23,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jack Sorrel is a YouTuber, this is the guide I used, it should still work on 11.10:
youtube . com/watch?v=UJZYBS_eeLY
That video is from December 2018. Please read the latest comments. Probably all people with 11.10.0-43E and wrong otherapp payload.
1.png

2.png

3.png

Although the "official" 3d.hacks.guide does not mention this problem at the moment, it is usually updated quite fast – random YouTube videos are not. Many members on this forum are familiar with Plailect's guide – but not with all video guides out there. Outdated videos, varying quality and the problem not wanting to watch many tutorials are the reasons why many members advise against using videos.

I really do not want to sound rude and asked you if Jack Sorrell provided the needed new payload file just to make see the problem. Omitting the "does not work"-comments , you would have to go through the video again and follow all the links just to find out he did not (yet?) update his guide.

Ok now i have another problem, i'm getting same error show in picture again after reinstart New Nintendo 2DS XL multiple times, since i got mutiple colors and not Homebrew Launcher.
One time i got only Black screen.
I do not exactly know what happens when loading Steelhax, but tested another *hax:
Loading HB Launcher with Soundhax:

topscreen

The homemenu ropbin is ready.
→<Some fast status messages>

touchscreen
white→green→yello→blue→red

⟹ both screens showing Homebrew Launcher

===
staying on red means missing boot.3dsx

People on the forum never recommend following youtube video as the tend to get outdated, as specified above you should really follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/
The guide does not mention the missing payload files at the moment as well (The update is pretty new) . Looks like a dead end to me for now (if that file linked on reddit does not do the trick).

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

xscott

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to let you know it worked for me using that payload on my N3DS, I did the normal procedure but used that payload then once i restarted my 3ds booted the HBL

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la