New: 1338 - Need for Speed: Underground (U)

BlazeHedgehog

Trophies
Website
www.blazefire.tk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
STFU you GBA nerds. Xbox is god and that's it. GBA is just a toy. A fisher price toy. Your just jealous how much Xbox can do.

And I suppose the Gamecube "is for kiddies", eh? Grow up. You're one of those people who think good hardware = good games. Had this been 1995 I'd actually waste my time arguing with you, but it's 2003. I'll let someone else set you straight, as I've seen one too many punks like you.

And with that, I've dropped the arguement like a bad habit. =P

Lt_Landerx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i love this game and remember this is the first version of the engine!
ATV Quad Power Racing was bad and top gear rally and monster truck madness are goods (and all uses the same engine)

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
@marco@blaze

STFU you GBA nerds. Xbox is god and that's it. GBA is just a toy. A fisher price toy. Your just jealous how much Xbox can do.
Your are sorta right, but the xbox is not portable. The only thing keeping you from being 100% right is that the pc is god. The xbox is just a outdated pc.
All Praise the All Mighty PC! The only home of TRUE racing & flight simulations, the best first person shooter controls and real time stratagy games that actualy play how they were ment to.

But I'll never give up my GBA (not til PSP atleast) because this sertianly is the best portiable available, hands down.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

GoodKupo

It Was Me!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont like racing games,there so boring.
@City
U have have an XBox,and do we care wat u say about it????
I like my comp
*Praise my Comp*
laugh.gif

MarcosDJ

Trophies
XP
Country
i love this game and remember this is the first version of the engine!
ATV Quad Power Racing was bad and top gear rally and monster truck madness are goods (and all uses the same engine)
Yeah, good point. Not only is this the first version of this engine, but it is also the first engine to implement proper interaction between the car and track.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately the car is ‘grounded’ and doesn’t physically come off the road surface
Not true, I've just launced my car like 20 feet into the air.
Are you sure? I haven't been able to do that, and even the developers of the game said you can't...
Your car is not grounded i've launched my car in the air. The developers said that you couldn't roll your car, you can make it go airborne though.

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unfortunately the car is ‘grounded’ and doesn’t physically come off the road surface
Not true, I've just launced my car like 20 feet into the air.
Are you sure? I haven't been able to do that, and even the developers of the game said you can't...
Ya I totally fly off a ramp and into buildings. My car rattles around swaggers left and right but never upside down...my biggest tilt is probably 60 degrees

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I persoanly know the reason why these graphics suck. There are the 2 main factors in my opinion...

1) Angle of View. This game doesn't let you seen enough detail further down the track, and that just doesn't make sense since this game has the furthest draw distance in a GBA 3d racer ever seen. A slightly higher angle of view would have made it easier to see up-coming corners, the intersection traffic and your opponents when they're actualy in the lead. But this is not the main reason why these details are difficult to see.

2) Way Too Detailed Texures. This game proves that GBA can give out amazing 3d graphics... the textures up close (with exception of the road, which looks way to grainy in the first place) look very impressive... but when they are drawen far away they wash out really bad and make everything else very difficult to pick out. This is because of the limited resolution the gba can display. When high quality and detailed textures are moved further away and crushed down to 1/2 or less of it's origanal size the detail degrades... and when you put all these degraded textures beside each another, it just looks like one big mash up.

How developers should fix this...
One of the best 3D GBA racing games of 2003 was Drome Racers. This game proved that good 3d racing on the GBA is possiable... and over detailed textures arn't required to make visualy impressive tracks. The tracks were simply cell shaded... and because simplicity of this you didn't get the mashup effect that you see in NFS:Underground. So basicly when it comes to 3D track/enviroment textures... I think the developers need to learn KISS... Keep It Simple Stupid.

But... with the graphics a side... I'm having a blast with this game. Very fun game to play. The driving model and controls are great (can't roll over... but you can jump, and you can get up on 2 wheels... very well done)... nice track designs, they're very fun to drive around and there's a good selection of tracks too (too bad the textures make them look like shit). I personaly like this game... it definatly isn't the PC version with my force feedback steering wheel... but it does the job when on the go and not at home. And isn't that what the GBA is for... unless some one does know how to fit a xbox, tv & powersupply in my pocket.

....Phil

cityson

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@GoodKupo DrKupo DjFIL

LoL PC is better than Xbox that's a joke. I can modify the Xbox processor and ram anytime I want but I don't have the Godly soldering skill. (Trust me, ppl are doing this already). So stop sayin' Xbox is < PC in fact Xbox is = PC they are both computers and pricewise PC is insane. I don't want to spend thousands on peripherals you know in PC i.e. LCD (Small bitch 15inch is 700 bucks!), speakers (bad sound quality compared to TVs), sound card (You need Audigy 2 for equivalent TV stereo $600), Windows Xp $500 for only one licence (Drinks RAM like when you have 256DDR in fact there's only 32DDR free so less ram than Xbox), mouse keyboard (Waste more money and no sensitivity like Xbox controllers), CDrom DVDrom, and stupid harddrives and you have to wait 10 mins to install each game (For Xbox just pop in the disc off you go). And Xbox is only 200 bucks which includes all the above mentioned. (Some sh1t like Mouse and Keyboard are useless cuz Xbox Live! has a mic so Xbox don't need these sh1t.) And not to mention you can install DivX/Xvid players, NEOGEO PSX KAWAX GBASP, etc emulators no way in hell PC can do that. Xbox can be carried around so you don't need no stinking PC case you can't carry your PC tower, monitor, speakers, m/k all those sh1t to your friends' house and play right? But for Xbox you just simplay bring the console and of course there are 4 controller ports so 4 ppl can play at once not like PC you only watch one guy play that's l337.....

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@GoodKupo DrKupo DjFIL

LoL PC is better than Xbox that's a joke. I can modify the Xbox processor and ram anytime I want but I don't have the Godly soldering skill. (Trust me, ppl are doing this already). So stop sayin' Xbox is < PC in fact Xbox is = PC they are both computers and pricewise PC is insane. I don't want to spend thousands on peripherals you know in PC i.e. LCD (Small bitch 15inch is 700 bucks!), speakers (bad sound quality compared to TVs), sound card (You need Audigy 2 for equivalent TV stereo $600), Windows Xp $500 for only one licence (Drinks RAM like when you have 256DDR in fact there's only 32DDR free so less ram than Xbox), mouse keyboard (Waste more money and no sensitivity like Xbox controllers), CDrom DVDrom, and stupid harddrives and you have to wait 10 mins to install each game (For Xbox just pop in the disc off you go). And Xbox is only 200 bucks which includes all the above mentioned. (Some sh1t like Mouse and Keyboard are useless cuz Xbox Live! has a mic so Xbox don't need these sh1t.) And not to mention you can install DivX/Xvid players, NEOGEO PSX KAWAX GBASP, etc emulators no way in hell PC can do that. Xbox can be carried around so you don't need no stinking PC case you can't carry your PC tower, monitor, speakers, m/k all those sh1t to your friends' house and play right? But for Xbox you just simplay bring the console and of course there are 4 controller ports so 4 ppl can play at once not like PC you only watch one guy play that's l337.....
True gamers/game developers know PCs are way more developed for gaming then any console out there right now. PCs always have the advantage over consoles. Consoles are more for mainstream people. Do you see people playing RTS games (Starcraft/Warcraft) on consoles. How about MMO's (Everquest/Dark Age of Chamelot). Even yet one of the most popular games ever Counter-Strike, granted its on X-Box with simplifed graphics, it will never be a success on X-Box like it is on PC, the controls preciseness are limited thats why console FPS has some slight code of auto aim scripted into the game. I know someone with a modified X-Box with Linux, harddrive, the works....and its still a pale comparison to what a PC could do. PC just simply put has more power.

PC vs X-Box

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox can be carried around so you don't need no stinking PC case you can't carry your PC tower, monitor, speakers, m/k all those sh1t to your friends' house and play right? But for Xbox you just simplay bring the console and of course there are 4 controller ports so 4 ppl can play at once not like PC you only watch one guy play that's l337.....
I concur! I would like to you meet my PC...

http://us.shuttle.com/specs2.asp?pro_id=283
(if curious... 3ghz P4, 512 ram, ATI Radion 9800xt 256mb video, audigy 2 7.1 dolby, 120gig, DVD writer)
This case is atleast 3 times smaller then your "precious" XBox...
Monitor? what monitor... just use a tv with s-video in (still gives better resolution then a console can)
PC Speakers? why not just use a real sound system?
Note the total of 4 USB 2.0 ports... so I guess I can have 4 players too (don't come back saying can't do 4 player FPS... cause who cares? that's what a network and the internet is for.)

So... just as you called our GameBoy Advances' "kids toys"... I say all Consoles are kids toys... PC is where it's at when you want top notch gaming. The sole reason consoles exist... for people who don't have enough money to buy a quality gaming PC and because no parent wants to go buy their kid a $1000 PC when they can just by a console for under $300.... and also why do you think most kiddie games never get released only on Console? It's a kids thing....

This could go on for ever and ever... and we're way off topic now of what this thread is actualy about. If you wish to continue... I'd say start a Console vs PC topic in the general chat, i'll continue the discussion there.

Ps: for topics' sake... i'm still enjoying NFS:underground on GBA as the game play is where it's at.

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xbox can be carried around so you don't need no stinking PC case you can't carry your PC tower, monitor, speakers, m/k all those sh1t to your friends' house and play right? But for Xbox you just simplay bring the console and of course there are 4 controller ports so 4 ppl can play at once not like PC you only watch one guy play that's l337.....
I concur! I would like to you meet my PC...

http://us.shuttle.com/specs2.asp?pro_id=283
(if curious... 3ghz P4, 512 ram, ATI Radion 9800xt 256mb video, audigy 2 7.1 dolby, 120gig, DVD writer)
This case is atleast 3 times smaller then your "precious" XBox...
Monitor? what monitor... just use a tv with s-video in (still gives better resolution then a console can)
PC Speakers? why not just use a real sound system?
Note the total of 4 USB 2.0 ports... so I guess I can have 4 players too (don't come back saying can't do 4 player FPS... cause who cares? that's what a network and the internet is for.)

So... just as you called our GameBoy Advances' "kids toys"... I say all Consoles are kids toys... PC is where it's at when you want top notch gaming. The sole reason consoles exist... for people who don't have enough money to buy a quality gaming PC and because no parent wants to go buy their kid a $1000 PC when they can just by a console for under $300.... and also why do you think most kiddie games never get released only on Console? It's a kids thing....

This could go on for ever and ever... and we're way off topic now of what this thread is actualy about. If you wish to continue... I'd say start a Console vs PC topic in the general chat, i'll continue the discussion there.

Ps: for topics' sake... i'm still enjoying NFS:underground on GBA as the game play is where it's at.
I agree with everything he says.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to