New: 1336 - Tetris Advance (J)

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why waste 32mb when you can only waste 1mb or so on the NES version, unless this has some extras for hardcore Tetris fans I see no point in flashing it, I'm glad this isn't 1337 though
smile.gif

merf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The undisputed, undefeated all time heavyweight champion of handheld gaming.

This is great, they've not ruined it with all that fancy stuff.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To Myke and Lynx The Dark :

The reason is quite simple : The smallest carts are 32mb...
rolleyes.gif
But for the real difference, the graphics on GBA aren't stored the same way on the cart than on NES or GBA. GBA palettes are at least 256 color, whereas NES are 16 and GB are a small 4...
tongue.gif
And for the why this one instead? If it can be smoother than the NES version (if it was choppy) then it might deserve its space, but the major reason, since it can actually SAVE the scores, it is DEFINITELY worth it more than the NES one, which I recall NOT saving the scores...
tongue.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong...
happy.gif

Just realized something else :
"Save Type : EEPROM_V124"
This is a new save type, so the ROM is definitely new!
smile.gif

- ViNcE989

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
Please someone translate this : "C'est du foutage de gueule" !!!!

With Tetris Advance, GBA goes really deep in the shame this time. Tetris was used to sell a million or two of classic gameboy, i enjoyed it on both GB and Macintosh but reediting this game now is like to say : "i need money, please, help me".

OK now i want Paperboy Advance (or maybe it already exists ?) and other craps which were multiported.

Seriously, everyone had this game on gameboy and maybe on gameboy color or on another console or comp, so why buying or flashing this one ? Excet for "Gloups" i don't see any other answer....

bladerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't whine so much Sigfried, if you don't want to dload it and play it, is ok, it's your choice. But if you say it's not worth playing or getting it again, just because it's been ported endlessly times before, it's like saying any other adventure game that involves a guy rescuing a girl not worth playing because it's been done and played before.

I believe that if the new features are worth the purchase, one must go for it. It's just a matter of choice.

Peace out...
happy.gif

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ thinks the music sucks on the new Tetris...

Oops...wrong topic.
tongue.gif

Don't you think you're being a bit harsh to say the music of the old GB version was better? Hmm, I guess I'll have to partake in this new release to find out.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
^ well unless I have a bad dump, the sound on this game is just a low pitch beat. at least the gb had them classical sounding songs =)

I got it from AP so I doubt it's a bad dump (I'm not breaking any rules by saying this am I, afterall I didn't add a link)

D

Deleted User

i cant wait to try this one out, but I doubt it will dethroan Tetris DX as my favorite version of Tetris.

Got it goomba-ed.

Brekelefuw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont get why people complain about bad games when we steal them anyways. its free...so theres nothing to complain about. if we went and spent $40 on them then i would be mad. but otherwise....hey, free game.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
The more levels you go up, the more "musicians" are added to the left side, giving a more full sounding song. Problem is, it still isn't very good. It's got that horrid techno "ump ump ump ump ump" bass to it. I still like the old GB music the best.

What's different from this one and the old GB ones (play mechanics wise) is the ability to hit up, which immediately drops the block, having the option to see the next 6 pieces (which I find a bit too much), and being able to hold pieces for later. Of course, there's quite a few other modes of play as well.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So...this isn't a Japanese version of Tetris Worlds...

Did you know that Nintendo was never given the rights from the Russian guy who invented Tetris to make a Gameboy version of Tetris?

Brekelefuw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the guy was assassinated.

no for real. he was murdered.

i remember this video game death website where it listed all the people who created games who had died. the tetris guy died befoere it got famous. and a nintendo guy got in a car accident and some other wierd coincidences

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==