Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
new.gif
1327 - Gegege no Kitaro: Kiki Ippatsu Youkai Rettou JAPAN 128Mbits (WRG)

1327_1.PNG
1327_2.PNG

Languages: Japanese.
Save Type: SRAM_V112 (256Kbit)[/p]

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just when Esrion was asking about it too
smile.gif
Ah... Nostalgia
tongue.gif

I never actually saw much of the series. Just a few episodes. Always wondered how an one eyeballed guy like that could have a son. Now I can play the game and find out
biggrin.gif

- Edit -

Oh yeah, and here's the Japanese site for it:

Konami Site

NeoBahamut

Dragon King of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I've never actually seen this anime... but this should be good
I think the kid fell into hell or something... thus adopted by the eyeball... I'm guessing

-Bahamut Unsummoned-

itsmeandII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is from a very old cartoon serie!!! the serie was damn good! but the snes games was terrible! hope this game is better!

Harkan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hehehe nice game , i liked the level up system whic makes the game fun, but the dash was a litle stiff,too bad its in japanese , must learne it fast

xargonc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow a classic anime
smile.gif
The main char was cool I like his "Hair Needle" attack and there was something else about him.

itsmeandII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the classic anime is about a ghost boy and his eye father that battle other ghosts that want to hurt people! This anime is oooooold but soooo cool! and the game is much better then the snes game!! cool!

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Strange how I've never heard of this Anime yet it does seem remotely familiar, well I gotta get the Anime of course I'll check this and those SNES games out which I have I guess since I have an almost somplete or a complete SNES set.

Gotta get the Anime, hope I can find it somewhere.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game so far is rather neat, (note:hit start to skip cut scenes unless you can read them) there's a level up system and things to collect that inhance the character, the controls arn't perfectly responsive though and I can't get it to run properly on VBA 1.7 (might just be me) so I'm playing it on 1.6... So far it's interesting but well see how much it has to offer...

Harkan

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you notice that the monsters in the game seem like in the japanese mythology, you know like the first boss

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A level up system? Now I GOTTA have it!

I've been interested in this since it's announcement....although the SNES game was TRULY horrible (it was one of the many "let's make an anime game by creating a horrible platformer with an endless number of cheap bosses" games), I looked it up and found out about this freaky series....

Some tidbits: The eyeball is indeed the father of the goblin child (main character) - he used to be a mummy, but the rest of him rotted away. :P The child has only one eye, so the father rides around in the other eye socket.

"Gegege" is a kind of 'sound effect', I believe it's the sound you'd make after you've just seen a ghost or something.....while Kitaro is the main character.

Only thing I really dislike is the character art.....it looks pretty bad.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe it's Manga art but the Anime artwork definitely didn't look like this. Then again, it's never the original Manga artist who does the artwork when it gets turned into an Anime show. My guess is that this is the original art.

"Gegege" is the cry of those Youkais (demon spirits) you see. In Anime anyway. It's kind of an demonic laugh just when a Youkai's about to have fun
tongue.gif

I still remember the "gegege" in the opening song back then. Didn't know Japanese so that's the only part I remember from the song now
unsure.gif
Ghost Sweeper Mikami's another series I'd like to get a hold of right now
biggrin.gif

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is a pure out-and-out Metroidvania (Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, etc) clone - a platformer with stats, experience points, items you can pick up for healing or other such, an MP bar (which refills over time or by grabbing the spirits that float up from the monsters you kill), summons, etc....quite fun.....too bad there's pretty much no chance of this coming out in the US....it's quite fun, despite that HORRID art....geez...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill