New: 1283 - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (J)

TmP_stryk

Still I Rise™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
new.gif
1283 - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga JAP 128 Mbits (Rising Sun)

1283.PNG
1283-2.PNG

Languages: Japanese
Save Type : EEPROM_V124[/p]

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
might actually be fun to play both. but anyway, not until i finish the euro version.

like to see how the funny bits are done

Leo111

One day I was going to GBATEMP and lololo !!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Strange not here in my language yet... Oh I just rememberd!!! They only make crappy games in protuguese!!!
frown.gif

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
lol! don't you mind, play it in american? E ainda não esqueça dos projetos de tradução brasileiros (de grupos como... hããã...)

Brekelefuw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ya notice how its called mario and luigi rpg?

also, japan doesnt have advance wars, but they have the entire wars series before that, and america only has AW 1 and 2...so they beat us.

halo/xbox was also released here first

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I wonder if this version will have any added bits (you know how somethings from the japan version of games are edited/removed for the usa/europe releases, think wario ware)

FFVII-2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA3 just got released over in japan for ps2 recently...so it happens with some games....but ive never seen usa/europe versions come out before japan for a nintendo first party game till now

mukimuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gta3, halo etc are non japanese games so it makes sense that they take time coming out in japan (disregarding the fact that that type of game is rarely released in japan due to lack of popularity)

what is interesting is that this is a nintendo japan game that was released in japan last (like metroid). wonder why though...

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe they decided the Mario market was bigger outside of Japan and the Japanese were just bored of the them already
tongue.gif

As for PC games, Japanese people are mainly console gamers so releasing games that have quite a bit of culture difference like GTA3 is a risk. Just like translating all those Japanese games over to English and making sure they sell. While I'm at it, Japanese don't get computing classes in school although they do get taught how to use them. If you want to learn something like what the CPU is, you'll have to go to a dedicated school.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As mukimuki simply said it's because in the case of GTA, Halo, Mario and Luigi etc...these games were all coded outside Japan, hence they are developed in their native language(s) (i.e. English usually) to the coder first and then the translation and localisation work is done.

It's rare for a game to be held back until all the versions are complete, hence why we see most Jap games hitting the shelves first. Also you have to take into account not just the translation but the work needed to convert the code to work on different TVs, the extra credits for the localisation staff, the often pointless graphics changes, the censorship adjustments, arranging the age rating to be selected, who is to publish the title, the manufacturing time and costs of the inital shipment of the game, the promotion and advertising, which includes point of sale material, preview and demo copies to retailers and magazines, advertisments, information and details regarding the title to trade magazines suppliers etc... and so on. There is a hell of a lot of work involved. Many smaller publishers and developers will wait until the release of a game has been completed in one country before considering release in other countries as to see whether it's something worth persuing, or delay a games release to tie in with a Seasonal event (eg. Christmas).

At the end of the day Japan is really the bee hive of activity regarding development and publishing, but it doesn't mean to say that the US and Europe don't get their fair share of gloating either. As a couple of examples, in Europe we've had games Kuru Kuru Kururin and Doshin the Giant available to us gamers, but unreleased to the US. Then we have games like Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Shining Soul, CT Special Forces, Silent Hill 3, Eye Toy etc... that have been released in the UK early compared to other countries. Some like MM:DD!! only 3 days before, but some like the Eye Toy we're talking a couple of months and CT Special Forces, well over a year ago. Then lets not even start going into the changes we got with games like Metroid Prime...still, after saying all of that NOE still havn't given us Animal Crossing.

It's just part of the gaming industry, and besides one can always import if one is too impatient.

smile.gif

p.s Harkan, just because the European version of Mario and Luigi came out first doesn't mean the game was released in Europe first...it's actually out over in the UK on the 21st of November...the US version is already out. An insider for NOE or NOA probably obtained the rom, after all the original rom/cart/disk is sent way way before the game is actually released, simply because the publisher needs to achieve all the stuff I mentioned in the second paragraph.

smile.gif

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
well, the euro save works fine on the jap version. so far as i can tell, i've seen no added parts yet, but then i haven't gotten very far since the restart. cool that you can have three save files, at least i didn't have to kill my old save.

for one thing, you can tell that the english version works very well. "mame" means bean in japanese so everything in the Beanbean kingdom starts with "mame", while in the english version there's a distinction between say Prince Peasley and Beanbean Kingdom. kind of cool. Sounds much better than beansley, right? all of the sound effects are the same as well.

BTW, luigi is called "greenie" in the english version but "green whiskers" (rough translation) inthe japanese version, which i think is pretty funny.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg