New: 1246 - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga (E)

T

totnak

how come when I start a new game after I click start game it will just go blank and no sound
I dont know if it froze but everytime I start a new game it eventually turned to black screen
plz help!

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm gonna have to sell my F2A and get a EZF Advance. Borden's has already updated the EZF Advance Client Software to work with Mario & Luigi.

The F2A support suck MAJOR ASS... they could at least make patches for none working roms.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
correct me if i am wrong but does Borden's software EZFA work for XG users as well?
you are wrong
ezfa client and software work only for the ezfa

as for the new client software, it was rushed...Borden released it as a .99 because of mario and luigi. Now when you go for saving a game you don't get the save error thing any more. The only problem is that with the rush you cannot save or update savers or back them up. he is currently fixing that right now and it shouldn't be a big deal.
good to see that mario and luigi actually save getting an error

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i need some help....can some1 give me a save state/file just after the bridge was fixed(in the hammer brothers town)?
my game freezed and i saved it.....so i need to restart,but i dont want to go over all again.....

Smef

The GbaTemp Hitchhiker
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.smefworks.com
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This game is F*%@ hillarious!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, Borden is great. Works perfectly with the EZFA now. In fact, he released the unfinished new client early just so we could have Mario & Luigi support. What a guy! I can see he was working very hard on the new version just by looking at the buttons and new flash cart os.

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Impressions on this game:

Graphics 9/10
Despite the flickering witnessed in a few areas I have been so far in the game, the graphics are colorful and very detailed
The sprites are incredibly animated and the attention to the different actions Mario & Luigi perform is stunning

Sound/Music 9/10
Brillianty remixed tunes of older games and so full of ambience
The speech effects are great, especially when Mario & Luigi talk in gibberish with a bit of Italian-ness in there.

Gameplay 8/10
I gave this a slightly lower score for one major flaw in the game
Without giving too much away.
It occurs once you can use the Bros. Action outside battle.
Press L trigger then B button then the B button again to perform a Bros. Action.
All very well, but one must press the L button again in order to play normally or else the back character will forever be doing the Bros. Action.
I would have preferred it to be Press and Hold Left Trigger then B button
then B button again then release L Trigger.
Small gripe with the controls there - but for the rest the gameplay is very responsive and there's an abundance of stuff to do.

Battles are superb in that Mario & Luigi are assigned a Button each and
only they can use those buttons to perform actions
i.e. Mario is Red (A Button) if an enemy is about too hit him pressing the A button will allow you too dodge the attacks.
Luigi is Green (B Button) and same goes for him also except in his case you need to press the B button.
Exceptionally fun
smile.gif

Fun Factor 9/10
Finally - an Original Mario game and its great fun too play.

Challenge 8/10
Some bits are easier then other bits... It would be safe to assume it's pretty balanced overall
They still level up pretty quick... but then it is Mario - you wouldnt expect it to be similar to Final Fantasy

Overall 9/10

Great game... Thanks Nintendo
smile.gif

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive asked before and will ask again :

Where can i get the coder libraries for the GBA and some libs with refernce to the hardware.

I work fulltime as a programmer and have coded many many cracks/trainers for the Amiga and PC in my time.

Since i am still new to the GBA, i would love to get into coding apps/trainers/cracks and save fixes for it.

It cant be any harder than the stuff im working on but i need some direction. If there are any GBA coders among you, show me the stuff i need and i'll make us a patch today and even a few trainers for the games that don't have any !
you can use the devkit advance (it's used more than HAM). More compilers andd devkits
for coding info check GBAdev.org

there's the full source to a shitty (or so the author claims) trainer for army men advance.
look for it here: GBAsaves.com (NOTE: this link takes you to the full trainers list.)

good luck on your research =D

xzxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think this is a great game that i've wanted to play since i tried paper mario and super mario rpg. also, am i the only one here who thinks that this game is easy? thanks to the timed dodging system i havent lost any health since fighting koopas on bowser's cruiser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1