New: 1117 - Tales of Phantasia (J)

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yep, and you can check gamespot, there says the release date too...
Heck, I'm pretty skeptical about the English release...
Gamespot's release date is TBA, and the description of the game only mentions "released in Japan in June".
nintendo.com (US) doesn't mention the game at all, either

I want to believe... I've got to see a link mentioning an English release...

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
as far as I know , this game won't make it out of japan
the biggest rpg site would have reported it else

QUOTE said:
Unfortunately, like the original version of this title, the GBA version is not on track for North America at this time.
I'm afraid so...
Every single site I've been browsing says "no word about a US release",
even after E3 !
There was a Namco game which was -surprisingly- announced to be ported
overseas during E3. But it was Tales of Symphonia !!!

I hate it when people throw false hope
mad.gif

Flea

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cant´t anyone use the dejap patch and convert it? it seems like everything would be translated except little percent....it would just have to suite the new format...

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah yes the boat seen lol When i first saw that i was have a drink and it nearly cme out my nose lol I mean how old can Arche be? 14 15?

To help put that scene in perspective, Cless is 15, Arche is 17 (though being half-elf and looking at the status of the elven nation makes one wonder whether that's actual age or equivalent age), Mint and Chester are unknown (but presumed to be 15-16) and Klarth is roughly 27 (we know it's late 20s, but he acts too young to be too much beyond 27).

Mole, what are you talking about? Cless does pretty much nothing on that boat until after the "boat scene" -- it's pretty much all Klarth and Arche.

Flea: The format is EVERYTHING. People had this issue with Link to the Past, too. The script'd be mostly the same (lacking the new scenes), but the rest'd be all different.

Hehe... I'm considering playing through the J version just to see if they left the Berserker bow in. That sucker's MEAN (Chester, without techniques, has more damage potential than Cless with it. In this version he's got techniques later on IIRC -- nothing flashy, but they'd be mean with that bow. In case you never found one (or seven...) the description was "A powerful bow used to repel invading armies", and that's pretty accurate. It shot two arrows at once, each at 2500+ damage!)

-Tempest out.-

N

Neo2x

And who was the new character?

Would it be possible if someone attach a save state just before the boat scene in the SNES version? So we can know what is everybody talking about.

Thanks in advance.

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
erm, actually, cless, chester, and arche are 17, mint is 18, klarth is 29, and suzu (the 'new' character) is 11.

and yeah, i made it sound like dejap sucks, while they dont... but you have to admit that the boat scene was painful. not that i didn't think it was funny, but too many people have the impression that arche is some slutty nympho or somthing. supposedly, in the PSX version (i didnt get that far yet), the voice acting makes it sound more like cless is molesting her or something. klarth is also way more dirty than he is supposed to be (he was originally talking about only their personalities, not how well they seem like they would perform in bed).

TS: sorry, the berserker bow was powered down and only fires 1 arrow. supposedly, it's not the best bow anymore. anyway, chester's later moves more than make up for the loss of 1 arrow, since they fire many arrows, or energy, or one HUGE arrow XD btw, i suggest trying out the PSX version if you can get a hold of it, since it is WAY cooler... i know someone uploaded the demo version (minus the opening FMV) somewhere, its about a 26mb RARed download i think. tell me if you're interested.

again, there's a lot of new stuff in this game, and the script was supposedly mostly rewritten for the PSX remake (and thus this game as well), so i'm not sure how good an idea it is to reuse dejap's script.

as far as 12/31/03 being a release date... yeah right. if anything, you are probably indeed talking about Tales of Symphonia. i had forgotten about it before, but lots of foolish game site people called ToS "Tales of Phantasia"! while it is related, they should have at least included the word "GameCube" or "GC" or somewhere in there to differentiate between the two... although it should be obvious, since lloyd and genius look nothing like cless and klarth XD

K

Kuraki

i heard some rumor about there r new characters that will perticipate in the battle, not too sure though

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked this game better on snes (Yes more then the PSX version to). The GBA version looks good but they took out all the cool reflection effects from the SNES version
frown.gif
Used to be able to walk next to water and yer charector would refect on the surface. small change but I liked that effect on snes.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i heard some rumor about there r new characters that will perticipate in the battle, not too sure though
If it's based on the PSX version (which it seems to be -- Chester gets techniques, and Cless gets directional swordplay and combos!), there is a sixth playable character. However, she won't show up until the Future, and rather deep in it too, and you have to finish a rather demanding sub-quest (It's not all that demanding, if you're high levelled, but here's ME, figuring out my way through the Treant's Forest by LUCK and painstaking time, all while being underlevelled and relying on Recover entirely too much...).

[EDIT] Thanks, Kajitani-Eizan, it's been too long for that. (I DO remember hearing the numbers you gave once... must've remembered incorrectly. My bad.) I have played the PSX version, albiet the Japanese ISO (minus the opening FMV, as you said, but that's easy to download and actually quite good. I can host it if you're interested...). I couldn't understand what was going on (since I only understand some spoken Japanese, and can't read the alphabets at all) beyond what the English plot was, which is something I've gone through in excess of twenty times.
smile.gif
I was fairly certian that Klarth wasn't THAT dirty -- I mean, a better line would have been taken from the primary translator/coder Chess Piece Face's FAQ on the subject... "Arche is a badass. I love her." (by the way, check out the Save State Item Hacking Guide. I submitted so much info for that guy that he almost had to rewrite the entire item description section...) Still, Arche in the DeJap translation sounds like she's dreaming of exactly what you mention...

-Tempest out.-

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'm getting quite a hard slowdown during battle, and even more when I've defeated the monsters...
Anyone else feels the same slowdowns?

I have a Visoly 64mbit Turbo

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting quite a hard slowdown during battle, and even more when I've defeated the monsters...
Anyone else feels the same slowdowns?

I have a Visoly 64mbit Turbo
That's an effect they've had in the SNES one as well, and the PSX.

It's fiercer here, but it's harmless.

I've already figured out all the new things they've added, except food (which I never got on the PSX one either). Can someone help with that?

-Tempest out.-

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
well it's like a verrry crazy slowdown... and being there on purpose during battle is just insane... the game would've had alot more action if it'd run a bit faster atleast.

But I'm not complaining.. IT'S TOP ffs..
biggrin.gif

I think I got something special for Cless now, like a new outfit or something.. I haven't got a clue.. since it's all japanese.. (I got it from the guy in the cavern by the dungeon filled with ghouls and skeletons)

Do you know what it changes when I switch from the one he had before?

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's a class. It's just for show. (I'm building money to save for the MechaHalberd and Plate Mail, which is a trick that many players figured out in order to make Undine and Ifrit much easier. You're not going to believe it, but I beat GNOME as soon as I got Arche!)

I can't remember which option it is on the menu... but you change them just for fun. He starts off as an "apprentice fencer", but getting the Ougi that you get in that cave (Majin-ken (whatever it's called) + Dual Kick) qualifies him as "Fencer" or "Fighter". It's strictly for show.

The left column of names are level-related (examples: As Arche learns spells, she gets new spellcasting-related titles), the right column is for story events (Arche, for instance, gets one for flirting your way to Alvanista).

-Tempest out.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced