Never played Zelda

jy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never really played much of the Zelda series; and would like to start! Which ones would people recommend I start with? I'd prefer to play them on my DS (acekard + ezflash3in1 ftw!), since I don't always have access to emulators on my Wii or laptop...

Thanks
smile.gif

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would go like this :

a link to the past snes/gba

oracle of season/age gbc

minish cap gba

EDIT: ill add four sword adventure for gamecube , i forgot it , pretty short but was great : D

link awakning DX gbc

zelda nes

then i would go for the 3d one(i really didnt like zelda 2 on the nes lol ) ,

ocarina of time n64/VC

windwaker ngc

twilight princess ngc/wii

majora mask n64/VC

Phantom Hourglass nds

keep in mind that i dont care about chronogical order anyway im not sure of it go see this if yo ahve time ;

http://screwattack.com/AVGN/2008/Zelda

btw did i miss any zelda in that , im not sure because i was about to forget windwaker and phantom hourglass lol

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i would go like this :

a link to the past snes/gba

oracle of season/age gbc

minish cap gba

+1.

Those games truly are THE way to go.
I still can't believe how many good memories i've got of these gems, especially with the Oracles.
Love them. and i'd recommend Lameboy if you want to play the Oracles on your DS.

EDIT: Oops sorry for not quoting. something went wrong

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Start phantom hourglass, then twilight priness, then link to the past, then ocarina of time. The new zelda games are alot easier and will get you use to the zelda formula (dungeons and crap) then playing the original games would.

flame6753

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flame-ex.com
XP
Country
United States
start with ocarina of time. If you start with this one, you'll get an accurate depiction on the series and will possibly be more inclined to play the older games. If you start with the old, you may or may not like the entry you start with s and that will fudge up your view of the series as a whole, which is a great one.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
In order of enjoyment by me

- Link to the Past
- Wind Waker
- Oracle of Ages
- Ocarina of Time
- Oracle of Seasons
- Majoras Mask
- Minish Cap
- Phantom Houglass

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should starting with NES version, SNES, GBC, N64, Gamecube then Wii.

I finished all of them expect Zelda Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. Three of them I didnt finished yet. I highly recommend you to starting with NES version to continue the storyline.
smile.gif

jy2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, I just started playing Link to the Past and it's awesome. Just gotten the first pendant
smile.gif

Noltron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If youve never played zelda, then you should devote most, if not all of your video gaming time to playing zelda, and devoting most of your video game budget to zelda games. Zelda games are some of the best games out there, especially the some of the oldie 2d ones.

I suggest first playing some of the 2D games.

especially:
legends of zelda: a link to the past

The best 2D zelda game (imo), and just maybe the best zelda game period. (although very disputable)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I would do some of the GBC ones or SNES ones. The NES ones are not really like the series currently and honestly aren't that great. Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons/Ages, and A Link to the Past are all good. Phantom Hourglass is decent, but I'm not a fan of the giant eyed cartooony Link, and it has a pretty bad storyline for a Zelda game.

But really, if you want the true Zelda experience, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (both for N64) and Twilight Princess are some of the best games I've played.

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow man, just wow. Here are my favorites and why, and I tried to do some general order:

1.Majoras Mask- Very in-depth and full of content Zelda, by far has the most feeling and life to it, some will argue, but I don't care. I love it the most.

2.Ocarina of Time- Its better to play this before Majora's Mask because of some SMALL backstory (it can be overlooked, but its too good to pass up) Great game, and its decently long.

3.Link to the Past- Such a GOOOOD oldie, it has to be one of the best Zelda games ever made, its full of lfe.

4.Minish Cap- This was a really good Zelda title, it followed the Four Swords route and took the more abstract Zelda path, but still was really good and played well. It had some really cool ideas.

5.Windwaker- This one is worth mentioning and a MUST for playing before Phantom Hourglass, it is part 1 afterall. This is another abstract Zelda title, it isn't the most exciting, but it has some GREAT moments.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously recommend Ocarina of Time, it was my first and by far my favorite. If you specifically want for a hand held system via emulator: SNES/GBA: A Link to the Past is the best way to go. You can always try Phantom Hourglass but A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are way better.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
A Link to the Past was the game that captured the essence of the series. It's the first one that I played. That's what you should try. If you like that, move on to Ocarina of Time. That will get you used to the 3D style. Then you can try all the other ones if you find that those two are to your taste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?