Hacking Never Buy a G6

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on the other side of the fence. I love my G6 Lite, I've never had a problem with it....ever.

It works like a charm, I just wish they'd be a bit faster with these software updates, I'm still waiting for loader 4.6D.

I agree. I have a G6L too for several months and never had a single problem with it. Imo it's the best Slot2-cart seeing PoR works perfectly on it
wink.gif

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had the original G6 for one year now and the G6 Lite a few months. I've never ever had any problems with it on the nds side (except one save disappearing on Trauma Center, but that was my fault). In my personal opinion, I would say it's (still) def one of the best cards out there. With the only downside that G6 are such bitches with their FATlib so it has poorly homebrew compability.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With my g6 lite I only have problems with ONLY 256mbit GBA roms (only a few of them)

Now, with DS I get 99% compatability. GBA only 256mbit have a chance of not working (but I can tell it's the software and not my rom that's bad. I've tried it on 2 other G6 units and the same results occur)

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I had one problem with my G6L which a re-format fixed..
other than that it's holding up better than my NDS Lite is...
I think you'll find that folks who haven't had problems tend to love theirs.

G6Lad.jpg

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a G6 Lite, and I've set up two of my nephews and several of my friends with G6 Lites, and not one problem has arisen from any of them. No loose/bad fits, no lock-ups, no issues whatsoever. I would hardly write it off as a bad product. Sure, occasionally a bad one might get through QA, but don't dis the entire product line based on a few bad apples. That's like saying that video games promote violence simply based on the Columbine incident.
tongue.gif

You only tend to hear about the bad experiences, but never about the good experiences. I'm willing to bet that for every G6-related complaint you've heard on these (and other) boards, there are at least ten other G6 owners who have had no problems whatsoever.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had my GBAmP V2 SD I was so mad I bought it so I was thinking about getting a M3 SD but then I seen there was another NEW!! Product named G6 Flash 3rd Generations So I did alot of research on this product thats when I came to a conclusion that the G6 lite is Perfect for me.I knew It would be cause I never had trouble with it!!!

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He does have a point, the g6 lite is really cheap. You can get it in hong kong for $20-35 (and it doesn't get more than that unless you're white =P) and it's made of shitty stuff.
But the english chip might be of better quality.

My chinese g6 lite died randomly and I emailed Danny from the G6 team about it. I got it replaced with an English one and so far so good.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are quite the tard. I have a g6, love it, and never had any problems. I think the problem is not he g6, but the user. If you were bright enough to 'quicksave', then back up the save and load it, maybe that would have helped? hmm? ever think of that? well you are making the g6 (m3) team lose potential customers. Also, maybe if you updat, or dont shove it in the nds, which it fits in mine perfectly, you would have no problems.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not that it's a bad product. The g6 is great and the GUI is one of the best.

It would just be nicer if they made it with stronger materials but they took price into consideration.

Which is why I bought a M3 lite. Much more expensive, but much more durable.

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You guys are quite the tard. I have a g6, love it, and never had any problems. I think the problem is not he g6, but the user. If you were bright enough to 'quicksave', then back up the save and load it, maybe that would have helped? hmm? ever think of that? well you are making the g6 (m3) team lose potential customers. Also, maybe if you updat, or dont shove it in the nds, which it fits in mine perfectly, you would have no problems.

If you take the time to read the thread, you'll see that this is not a user error. Saving using "quicksave" has nothing to do with the fact that the G6 Lite takes 5-6 efforts of putting it into the NDS Lite for it to work. As previously stated, it's a great cart, but it's cheaply made and that will cause problems. If I would of knew this I would not have purchased a G6 Lite, I would have went for something better built.

Even though the M3 is built by the same company, it is built better.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're all saying 'ohhh, the G6 is shit, M3 ftw'

but you don't realise, THEY ARE MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE!!

I don't think YOU realize.

G6 = Cheaper, less durability
M3 = Expensive, high durability

It's like saying this computer is faster than the other, but WOW THEY'RE BOTH RUNNING WINDOWS!

And as i said, the "team" behind all of this (R4,M3,G6) considered G6 to be a budget thing, M3 to be a....luxurious pirater thing and whatever you want to theorize for R4.

gixxaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had my g6 for almost 5 months had no trouble, and durability? Are you a little kid and throw it every night at your sister ? Come on now! I also own a DS-X and i use my g6 way more. The DS-X gets used on the fiance's DS. I really think it is the user and not the product.

Also for note, i own the English version of the G6 lite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1