CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the chip is just terribly made. The G6 is of the worst quality I've seen. I always had problems with putting it into the NDS because of this poor chip, but I just shrugged it off. I heard others had this problem also, but shrugged it off again. Well, after spending hours of playing FFIII at the final stage when there is no chance to save, I had the G6 do what it does best and stopped working.

I would of assumed I had a bad chip, but when I seen others with this problem it's the actual G6 in how they make it. Obviously some may get lucky, but I'd advise not to buy this product to anyone looking for a slot-2 device. Not only do you have better homebrew support in all other slot-2 devices, but I never heard of anything like this.

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As much as I'd love to blame the G6, seeing as how it isn't the flash device that I own, and thus I hate it (heh), I own FFIII and I've had it lock up on my numerous times. It may not be the G6's fault, especially if it was a white screen while entering or returning from battle. It would seem the game has a problem with heap allocation from time to time.

Actually, FFIII is pretty poorly programmed, if you ask me (not that you did). I demand an apology from Matrix Software on my desk by Tuesday!

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I’ve herd way to many problems with the G6 to ever recommend it.
But every time anyone try’s to point them out someone blames the user,
or you have someone saying I have a G6 & I don’t have that problem.
But buy that theory if your dieing of cancer from smoking, I should be
able to say I smoke & I’m not dieing of cancer, so the problem is you.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Never Buy a G6

Ok - I won't
laugh.gif

Quid pro quo.... Never eat yellow snow!

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I'd love to blame the G6, seeing as how it isn't the flash device that I own, and thus I hate it (heh), I own FFIII and I've had it lock up on my numerous times. It may not be the G6's fault, especially if it was a white screen while entering or returning from battle. It would seem the game has a problem with heap allocation from time to time.

Actually, FFIII is pretty poorly programmed, if you ask me (not that you did). I demand an apology from Matrix Software on my desk by Tuesday!

See, I would normally blame the game, except in this instance. The problem is unless you seat the G6 into the NDS perfectly, it won't startup. So if you bump the NDS by just a little it could unseat the G6 very easily. This is what happened because I was about to plug in the power cord when I put the NDS on the couch. When I came back to the NDS I couldn't do nothing within the FFIII game. When I rebooted the NDS I could no longer access the G6 until playing around with the G6 to get the G6 perfectly seated.

By the way, it was not a white screen. The "freeze" I was referring to was the game "frozen" while walking around, so it was frozen without gameplay.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Twice I inserted my brother's G6 into his ds lite and it didnt recognize it, but it worked each other time. With my own g6 I don't think I've had that problem, though several times the passcard 3 was not recognized and it booted directly into GBA mode. This occurred a few times with legit game cards as well so I don't know if the passcard is to blame for that.

fr3kazoid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have never had trouble putting the G6 into the NDS or having it not work on startup. I also switch carts quite often as I have 2 of them.

There's only one way it fits into the NDS. At least with the lite anyway... stop putting it in backwards.

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Lots of people complaining about g6 lite, so I guess there are some bad ones comming out of the factory. But if you do happen to get a good one, it's a great cart. I've never had any problems with mine.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
... stop putting it in backwards.

Wisest words anyone has said
biggrin.gif

but yeah, fair enough, you don't like the G6 becuase you've had problems, but i, and many others havent ever had a problem

dont go branding the G6 as a peice of crap, cus tho im pretty new to DS Flash cards, im sure the G6 is one of the best flash cards out there

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lots of people complaining about g6 lite, so I guess there are some bad ones comming out of the factory. But if you do happen to get a good one, it's a great cart. I've never had any problems with mine.

I think I agree with that. If you happen to get a good cart, it's an amazing cart. It's really easy to use and most ROMS require no special settings to use. The problem is the actual manufacturing of the cart, it's quite obvious they don't spend enough time in that process. That's why I don't recommend it to anyone.

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Between me and my friends, we own a total of six G6 units. Strangely enough we've never had any of problems that are posted here from time to time. We're using the older G6 3rd edtion and the newer G6 Lite carts.

sidenote: Have you checked the CRC on the FFIII rom you're using? You may have a bad dump if it's freezing up on you. I've played many hours of FFIII on my G6 with no freezes (the JAP and US dumps). You might also want to check and make sure you're carts firmware and u-disk manager are up to date.

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Have you checked the CRC on the FFIII rom you're using? You may have a bad dump if it's freezing up on you. I've played many hours of FFIII on my G6 with no freezes (the JAP and US dumps). You might also want to check and make sure you're carts firmware and u-disk manager are up to date.

I used FFIII as an example. It only froze once, because of the G6. I just explained why it froze above your post.

The G6 works perfectly in the U-Burner, no problems there. The problem is when you put the G6 in the NDS. That's why I'm getting ride of it for either an M3 or Supercard.

trunksu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just receive mine today and everything is working great. might i add that www.psxbox.net is a great place to buy your g6 lite. quick s/h + good price.

kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I got my G6 for about 2 months and got no problem with it. I think the only prob i got is FF3, it does not freeze, but dun know why the game always flicker, so i stopped playing FF.

That's the game that give me prob, the rest is 100% OK

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, the chip is just terribly made. The G6 is of the worst quality I've seen. I always had problems with putting it into the NDS because of this poor chip, but I just shrugged it off. I heard others had this problem also, but shrugged it off again. Well, after spending hours of playing FFIII at the final stage when there is no chance to save, I had the G6 do what it does best and stopped working.

I would of assumed I had a bad chip, but when I seen others with this problem it's the actual G6 in how they make it. Obviously some may get lucky, but I'd advise not to buy this product to anyone looking for a slot-2 device. Not only do you have better homebrew support in all other slot-2 devices, but I never heard of anything like this.

u suk!!! I'm preparing to buy 1!!!
cry.gif
u evil fartnugget (

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on the other side of the fence. I love my G6 Lite, I've never had a problem with it....ever.

It works like a charm, I just wish they'd be a bit faster with these software updates, I'm still waiting for loader 4.6D.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the other side of the fence. I love my G6 Lite, I've never had a problem with it....ever.

It works like a charm, I just wish they'd be a bit faster with these software updates, I'm still waiting for loader 4.6D.

HURRAH!!!!!!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

u got served by a famous dude!!!!! F***** all G6/Nintendo h8ers!!!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

(the "*"'s in order are: "ARTON"
grog.gif
grog.gif
dry.gif
cool.gif
rofl2.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum