Hacking NeutOS, how to remove or change?

loles243

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
My console starts with NeutOS, and it has been like this for a long time. It never gave me problems until I recently tried to update Atmosphere and couldn't (Error code: 2144-0001 (0x290)). It was not until then that I started investigating and noticed that NeutOS is no longer used or is discontinued.

And now I need help knowing how to stop using it and what consequences switching would have (like losing games or saved files). To solve the aforementioned error, they recommended that I delete everything except the “Nintendo” and “EmuMMC” folder and insert a new CFW, but now that I know that my console is booting with NeutOS, could this cause any problems?

I appreciate your responses

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And OP forgot to mention, he/she is on a Banned Switch, and wants to continue using EmuMMC for some reason.

loles243

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
And OP forgot to mention, he/she is on a Banned Switch, and wants to continue using EmuMMC for some reason.
The thing is that I received the console with the magic already done a few years ago and I didn't touch anything for a long time, that's why I know almost nothing about the subject. I know the sensible thing to do would be to format and do the magic myself but I wouldn't want to lose 200GB of games and saves. This question is mostly to find out if introducing a new Atmosphere CFW would replace NeutOS or generate any conflicts. Sorry for my insistence

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm sorry if I come off as rude, not meaning to. I don't have a clue what NeutOS is/was so I can't help with that. But yeah if you want to keep your existing games and saves that is on your EmuMMC, then I guess leaving your EmuMMC is the easiest way. @Hayato213 will know more about the best way to go about this. I just tagged him for you. Good luck! :grog:

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Since neutos looks like a rebrand, you should be fine.
Make a backup of the atmosphere folder just in case (assuming neutos didn't change the folder name), then remove it and start with atmosphere as if it was a clean install. Install the latest sigpatches as well.
If you are using hekate, you need to update it too as well as the config for atmosphere.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you can just remove NeutOS files and grab Atmosphere and Hekate files from their github or use a pre build pack like stethix hats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto