hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NetHackDS v1.10
Roguelike designed for NDS

Not letting down his work on NetHackDS, brettk has put out another update, which has several changes including custom font support and word wrapping. To use your own font, just replace font.bdf with another BDF-format font. Download and changelog below.

[title:Changelog] * Enhanced the minimap to show additional landmarks, etc.
* Added word wrapping support to menus, text display, etc.
* Added support for a scrolling command window if the commands don't fit on one page.
* With the above, the game now supports larger font sizes.
* Added a few additional commands to the command window.
* Fixed the message display when paging so previous lines aren't redisplayed erroneously.
* Again tried to fix the menu pagedown bug… I think I might have it this time.

If you're interested in trying different fonts, just replace font.bdf with some other BDF-format font. But don't go above an 8x16 font… anything beyond that leaves the game too cramped to be playable.

Incidentally, I've posted a few additional fonts for those who might want something a little larger.

Note, the one thing that isn't wrapped is the prompts. As such, with large fonts, the text will be clipped and users unfamiliar with NetHack may be left confused as to what's being asked. Eventually, I might add some sort of marquee effect, but for now, this is how it is.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

abcd1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, at minimum, you can try out 1.11 if you like, which I released yesterday.
smile.gif
To quote the website, this version adds:

* Support commands with repeat counts (tap-and-hold command in the command window and a keyboard will pop up prompting for a count). This also works when binding keys.
* Support binding R+[A,B,X,Y,Start,Select] (or L, if in left-handed mode).
* Message history is now implemented (use the 'Prev Mesg' command).
* Different names now create separate games, allowing multiple games on the same card (this is actually a bug fix).

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, at minimum, you can try out 1.11 if you like, which I released yesterday.Â
smile.gif
 To quote the website, this version adds:

* Support commands with repeat counts (tap-and-hold command in the command window and a keyboard will pop up prompting for a count). This also works when binding keys.
* Support binding R+[A,B,X,Y,Start,Select] (or L, if in left-handed mode).
* Message history is now implemented (use the 'Prev Mesg' command).
* Different names now create separate games, allowing multiple games on the same card (this is actually a bug fix).
So, this news is 1 version old?
rofl2.gif

Great work, thanks
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0