Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Can't they just sell the Netflix app and let us watch the movies for free?
I really hope you're not being serious.
I'm not paying for Netflix when I'm not going to have DVDs sent to my house and all of the movies aren't available digitally, so why can't I just buy a Netflix app and have it for free for the rest of forever? Or even just a specific show/movie?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
Very unneeded.
Well, I guess you can say that, but streaming movies is nice on any handheld system.

QUOTE(Jakob95 @ Jul 13 2011, 07:18 PM) Wait 3DS only has wireless B?
I'm pretty sure that it has b/g/n.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
Then Netflix would be losing money by comparison. Think about this, if you sold an app for $20, or an app for $6 a month, which would be more likely to net you more money?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Then Netflix would be losing money. Think about this, if you sold an app for $20, or an app for $6 a month, which would be more likely to net you more money?
Well, I still don't feel that it's right to do.

My roommate Alessa says that if all you used was the digital service, you should at least get a discount since most of the movies worth watching aren't even available. My other roommate Chell says that if the service was on a pay-by-movie or pay-by-every-few-movies basis, then they wouldn't have to worry about Wii/360/PS3/3DS owners paying to watch movies on their consoles.

But I don't know.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
chartube12 said:
boondoklife said:
Iwata said:
Does any sane person use wireless b these days anyways?

I'm super-excited for this and just hope that the download will be available before noon, unlike the eShop that took until 2am some places to launch.

I use B all the time, there really are only select cases when I use my g/n router. 802.11b is plenty fast for voip and wireless streaming of media in most cases.

So your going to continue to use B even when 802.11ac hits in the next 2.5-3.5 years? Wow dude. Enjoy your slow outdated wireless.

Because the inbound links are so much faster? Granted I might think twice about doing proper media over it (granted I would think twice about using anything wireless beyond a remote control) or for a multi user network but unless it drops to half speed things should still be good.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
machomuu said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
Then Netflix would be losing money. Think about this, if you sold an app for $20, or an app for $6 a month, which would be more likely to net you more money?

My roommate Alessa says that if all you used was the digital service, you should at least get a discount since most of the movies worth watching aren't even available. My other roommate Chell says that if the service was on a pay-by-movie or pay-by-every-few-movies basis, then they wouldn't have to worry about Wii/360/PS3/3DS owners paying to watch movies on their consoles.

But I don't know.
The thing is I'm pretty sure Netflix has to share the profits with some of the networks that put their shows on there. If they did a one time charge they may be making little to no, maybe even losing money.

I mean, I agree that they need to put WAY more quality shows/movies on there (when are they going to put season 3 of FMA Brotherhood on there) and I do agree is would be awesome but extremely unlikely if it were a one time charge, but still.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
machomuu said:
Sora de Eclaune said:

But I don't know.
"Pay-by-movie or pay-by-every-few-movies"

May end up costing more than it already is depending on how much you watch movies and shows.

Plus how they know you wouldn't watch like 5 movies out of a 6 limited and stop using netflix then?

Well Netflix is on the way, pretty cool.
happy.gif

QUOTE(clonesniper666 @ Jul 13 2011, 06:35 PM)
I am happy that the US will get a option for watching movies on the 3ds even though it is not the best option out there, but whatever even with the $7 a month it is pretty good but the $10 a month includes dvd rentals to is a so much better deal.
laugh.gif

This had me thinking of movie cart rentals.
tongue.gif

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Only having access to 802.11a/b/g would not be a problem, as 54mbps is faster than 99% of Tempers can get at home.
Only 802.11a/b would be a problem (maybe...), even though 11mbps is still blazing fast.

Even 360p video can stream smoothly on a 768kbps connection.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
clonesniper666 said:
I am happy that the US will get a option for watching movies on the 3ds even though it is not the best option out there, but whatever even with the $7 a month it is pretty good but the $10 a month includes dvd rentals to is a so much better deal.
Not any more.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/07/netflix-price-rise/

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear god I'd cry if they changed it to pay by movie/every few movies... How cheap are you that you can't manage $8 a month for streaming. That's all I pay for.

I actually held off getting netflix for AGES because I was one of those people that thought they'd hardly use it and therefore it wouldn't really be worth it... But my wife wanted to give it a try, so we did... I now have the netflix app on my wii, PS3, and soon my 3DS. In the month that I've had it I've watched probably 30 episodes of TV shows (old ones, from my childhood. Rocko's Modern Life, Mystery Science Theatre 3000, etc and newer ones in various anime... Orphen, Girls Bravo, Ninja Scroll, etc) and probably 3-5 movies (most I've watched with Rifftrax because I'm a sucker for Rifftrax
wink.gif
) with no real sign of slowing down yet.

Hell, just for watching all the old shows I used to watch when I was ten totally makes up for it simply in nostalgia value (Super Mario Bros Super Show is both as awesome as I remember and horrifyingly bad)

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
come on now not 3d video app? all i want to do is encode my own movies and watch them on the 3ds. I got all the full metal alchemist and i would love to watch them in 3ds.
Well we will see what Nintendo does later on. Hopefully they let you use your own videos soon.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
Very unneeded.
Kind of like that post.
wink.gif

Can't wait. I need to renew my Netflix membership though. It'll be nice when I'm downstairs or something, and don't feel like using my Xbox. Or of course when I'm over my friend's house.

I mean hey, if it's there, why not use it?

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
been there done that, already got netflix on my iphone...though i am some what excited that its expanding to the 3ds, though i have no idea how long im gonna keep netflix - since their new pricing strategy sucks monkey nuts.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
clonesniper666 said:
Not any more.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/07/netflix-price-rise/
I just saw that and I think after I watch the King's Speech I am downgrading my plan to streaming only.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
DiscostewSM said:
While many places offer free WiFi so you could watch Netflix, it would be nice if you were allowed to pre-load movies for those occasional trips beforehand where there is no WiFi (and your phone isn't set up as a Hotspot). Even if the quality for pre-loaded movies was less than streamed (since it has to be stored), I wouldn't mind.
Wait, couldn't you just start the movie, wait for the entire thing to buffer, and then take it?
I don't think the buffer can handle a whole movie or TV show.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: