Netflix is working on an anime adaptation of 'The Witcher'

netflix the witcher.jpg
After rumors emerged of an anime adaptation of The Witcher ordered by Netflix, the company and showrunner Lauren Hissrich confirmed those reports.

Titled The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, Hissrich will also work on this adaptation's production with Beau DeMayo. Both worked on the first season of the recent live action series. Studio Mir, the animation studio behind The Legend of Korra, will be responsible for bringing the world of The Witcher in anime form. Not much information has been made public at the time of writing. However, it is likely that this anime film will be based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s Witcher books rather than the games.

Would you like to see an anime version of The Witcher?

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the appeal though.
well not really for me .... i was hoping for something better ......... i was excited about the The Witcher Tv Show ......... when i heard about it .... apart from the witcher himself the rest of it was just shit ......... they could have done much better ..darker ...... but alas it was a let down at least more people are playing the witcher 3 more than ever before because of it ......

Bring The Witcher 4................

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm cautiously optimistic.
one one hand anime is awesome and has been a stalwart against the corruption that is PC culture and SJW narratives that has been largely ruining western media the last few years.

on the other hand not only has Netflix been particularly bad lately about injecting bias and SJW narratives when they don't help the plot but I worry a Korean studio like Studio Mir may not have the stones to withstand pressure from Netflix to go "woke" like a Japanese Studio which more often than not have shown zero F's and follows the money.

then again maybe the Koreans are just as good as the Japanese, I mean Studio Mir did do a season of the Boondocks and that show isnt exactly politically correct.

then, of course, there is the whole question of is Korean animation requisitioned by an American company an anime, honestly, i largely dont care about the philosophical debate as long as the story is good but purists might.

fingers crossed this isnt one of Netflix's trash fires

Reactions: Naster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1