Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My NC10 keeps turning off when I start it. It turns off approximately one second after I start it, before the BIOS splash appears.

I'm assuming it might have to do with the power button, which at a glance seems troublesome to fix.

Anyone had similar experiences or know of other probable causes?

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not giving much info.
It could be 100's of things...
Charge it or someone dropped it is about all someone could guess with that info :/

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Instant power-off tends to indicate power failure (usually because of the battery, sometimes because of the power phasing). It could also be a problem with the CPU, but that's not so likely.

As above, try taking out the battery and running directly off the power cable. You could also try reseating the RAM and HDD. It rarely works, but I've seen it work sometimes for reasons beyond my effort to understand.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hatchetball said:
You're not giving much info.
It could be 100's of things...
Charge it or someone dropped it is about all someone could guess with that info :/
What kind of info exactly were you expecting that was missing? Color of the case? Sure, I could have provided that I'm not pingas'd enough to only try starting with an uncharged battery but I don't see much else of interest I could have said. And as previously stated, no one dropped it.

I'd also love to see you name hundreds of possible causes for the symptoms I described, please do go ahead. I'll give you a medal if you can actually name one single probable cause for my symptoms that hasn't already been mentioned.

Thanks for the ideas, Originality. However, it turned out it's the power button as I thought. Removed it for now so that I can turn it on and will figure out some viable replacement later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1