Hacking nesDS Black Screen Issue

Drignor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there folks, forgive the noob if this issue has been addressed before, but I did do a search of the forum and couldn't find a similar issue. nesDS loads fine, I'm able to see my list of ROMS, but whenever I try to load one, I get a black screen on top, but the touchscreen below is functioning just the way it should, I'm able to pull up all the menus. I'm running it on an R4 SDHC with firmware 1.25. On a side note, I am able to run nesDS with no problem using the make_nds.bat file where I can include my roms into the .nds file, but that process does not allow me to use save states. I'm not a complete idiot (I don't think) but I can't help but think I'm missing a step here. It's the most recent version of nesDS. I've tried three different approaches: nesDS by itself to be DLDI patched by the R4 firmware, nesDS manually patched with the two R4 DLDI patches from DLDIWiki, and nesDS manually patched with the two previously mentioned patches with the DLDI No-Patch tool used to prevent the R4 firmware from interfering, nothing works. Any help would be much appreciated cuz my brain is spent on the matter.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you should ask a mod to move this topic to the r4 section, where you will get better help. the problem is not with nesds, as nesds works for just about everyone. the issue is probably with your flash linker, removable media, or dldi files. you could try a full format and see if that fixes it. i wouldn't personally do that, i would instead research the r4 sdhc dldi files. it could be a combination of an sdhc card in that kit using the original r4 dldi files. i've read about the r4 sdhc having serious homebrew issues. it might just be time to spend the $12 and pick up an ak2.1. i've yet to find a homebrew that won't run on it, and if i do find one i can expect normmatt to fix it within days. that can't be said about any other flash linker as you can't idle on IRC with the firmware development team.

i'm sure none of that helped you =/

-another world

Drignor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...yeah, not really. Thanks for the reply though
smile.gif

Site & Scene News