Hacking NES online

borngborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay everyone is saying NES online needs a online linked account to worked while i have one so it wont affect me will their be a way arround this in the future it they decide to do this for all NSP's they probably wont beceause thatd be stupid but if they did could this be patched

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Captain here, let me fix this:
okay, everyone is saying that NES online needs an online linked account to be able to use it. I have one, so it wont affect me. will their be a workaround in the future? (because if they decide to implement this account selection for all NSP's in the future). They probably wont though beceause that'll be stupid. But if they did, could this be patched?
*flies away*

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay everyone is saying NES online needs a online linked account to worked while i have one so it wont affect me will their be a way arround this in the future it they decide to do this for all NSP's they probably wont beceause thatd be stupid but if they did could this be patched

Wut (?)

link64uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think (and i may be wrong) what the OP wants to know is that because you need a linked nintendo account to play NES games online will there be a "work around" so that you can play NES games online without a linked nintendo account. I'm probably wrong but thats what it seems to me

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It most certainly can be patched out. Whether anyone will bother doing so...

probably not. There are other NES emulators you could use.

Possibility of future games requiring it. Well unless the game requires ONLINE to be purchased in order play that certain game at all. I don't see it being there.

If/When SNES online app comes to switch; it would likely have the same requirement.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Captain here, let me fix this:

*flies away*

I dunno, you made too many changes imo, and still ended up with a broken sentence in the middle. The way I see it, OP's ramble can be arranged into proper sentences with just the proper punctuation:

Okay, everyone is saying NES online needs an online linked account to work. While i have one, so it won't affect me, will there be a way around this in the future, if they decide to do this for all NSP's? They probably won't because that'd be stupid, but if they did, could this be patched?

Last edited by bundat,

borngborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you dont need a Nintendo account to use the Nintendo online nsp (or any other game).
NES ONLINE i have been told note i have not tested is you need an online linked ninty account. You dont have to be online but the account has to be linked is what ive been told so your saying this is not true

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES online as a concept is neat, but there are too many flaws which I doubt Nintendo will ever fix:

- Fake burn-in with Dr. Mario in handheld mode
- No border options, seeing that user icon and weird background
- No customized controls, no way to re-map them
- The annoying "Press ZR and ZL to enter menu" HUD

Emulation quality is decent, but there's no options for other resolution modes, either

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a mod that gets rid of the HUD

Source? I don't know if hacking the Switch is worth the risk of a ban.

Best way to settle this is to create a poll and see if anyone cares about those terrible design faults.

IDK, some people are willing to defend it, no matter how bad something is

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NES online as a concept is neat, but there are too many flaws which I doubt Nintendo will ever fix:

- Fake burn-in with Dr. Mario in handheld mode
- No border options, seeing that user icon and weird background
- No customized controls, no way to re-map them
- The annoying "Press ZR and ZL to enter menu" HUD

Emulation quality is decent, but there's no options for other resolution modes, either
I modded the interface scripts to hide the user icon and button prompts, it's on dumbra or somewhere on Switch Hacks discord (needs layeredfs).

Last edited by hippy dave,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's kinda annoying staring at the borders and that bar at the bottom that just takes up some of the game screen to remind us how to access the menu. It could have gone away after a few seconds and appear again if we press any of the four shoulder buttons. I'm not sure if the game screen is moved up a bit to accommodate for that notice bar at the bottom, either way it's still means less of the picture to fill the screen with. And least allow us to turn off the border, that current one is just boring and distracting. NES classic didn't have any border, so why put one here if it's based from it? :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning