1. borngborn
    OP

borngborn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United States
    okay everyone is saying NES online needs a online linked account to worked while i have one so it wont affect me will their be a way arround this in the future it they decide to do this for all NSP's they probably wont beceause thatd be stupid but if they did could this be patched

2. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Useless/noob bashing.
    Sep 27, 2018
  3. ShinAbo
    This message by ShinAbo has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Useless/noob bashing.
    Sep 27, 2018
  4. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Useless/noob bashing.
    Sep 27, 2018
  5. Maupiti
    This message by Maupiti has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Useless/noob bashing.
    Sep 27, 2018
  6. SimonMKWii
    This message by SimonMKWii has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Useless/noob bashing.
    Sep 27, 2018
  7. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bize Her Yer Trabzon
    Captain here, let me fix this:
    *flies away*

8. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Wut (?)

9. link64uk

link64uk Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2013
    I think (and i may be wrong) what the OP wants to know is that because you need a linked nintendo account to play NES games online will there be a "work around" so that you can play NES games online without a linked nintendo account. I'm probably wrong but thats what it seems to me

10. borngborn
    This message by borngborn has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Useless/noob bashing.
    Sep 27, 2018
  11. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    It most certainly can be patched out. Whether anyone will bother doing so...

probably not. There are other NES emulators you could use.

Possibility of future games requiring it. Well unless the game requires ONLINE to be purchased in order play that certain game at all. I don't see it being there.

If/When SNES online app comes to switch; it would likely have the same requirement.

12. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I dunno, you made too many changes imo, and still ended up with a broken sentence in the middle. The way I see it, OP's ramble can be arranged into proper sentences with just the proper punctuation:

Last edited by bundat, Sep 27, 2018
  13. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Useless.
    Sep 27, 2018
  14. isoisoiso

isoisoiso GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2018
    Niger
    No, you dont need a Nintendo account to use the Nintendo online nsp (or any other game).

15. borngborn
    OP

borngborn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United States
    NES ONLINE i have been told note i have not tested is you need an online linked ninty account. You dont have to be online but the account has to be linked is what ive been told so your saying this is not true

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16. jakkal
    Sep 28, 2018
  17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    NES online as a concept is neat, but there are too many flaws which I doubt Nintendo will ever fix:

- Fake burn-in with Dr. Mario in handheld mode
    - No border options, seeing that user icon and weird background
    - No customized controls, no way to re-map them
    - The annoying "Press ZR and ZL to enter menu" HUD

Emulation quality is decent, but there's no options for other resolution modes, either

18. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Sep 28, 2018
  19. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Bickering.
    Sep 28, 2018
  20. alantgw
    This message by alantgw has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Sep 28, 2018
  21. gallymimu
    This message by gallymimu has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 1, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Sep 28, 2018
  22. isoisoiso

isoisoiso GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2018
    Niger
    There's a mod that gets rid of the HUD

23. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Source? I don't know if hacking the Switch is worth the risk of a ban.

IDK, some people are willing to defend it, no matter how bad something is

24. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I modded the interface scripts to hide the user icon and button prompts, it's on dumbra or somewhere on Switch Hacks discord (needs layeredfs).

Last edited by hippy dave, Sep 28, 2018
  25. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah, it's kinda annoying staring at the borders and that bar at the bottom that just takes up some of the game screen to remind us how to access the menu. It could have gone away after a few seconds and appear again if we press any of the four shoulder buttons. I'm not sure if the game screen is moved up a bit to accommodate for that notice bar at the bottom, either way it's still means less of the picture to fill the screen with. And least allow us to turn off the border, that current one is just boring and distracting. NES classic didn't have any border, so why put one here if it's based from it? :blink: