Hacking Question nes online and banned switch

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t touched my nes app for awhile but it does not require online unless you actually want to use the online feature. My switch is 5.1 and I’m also a banned user.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t touched my nes app for awhile but it does not require online unless you actually want to use the online feature. My switch is 5.1 and I’m also a banned user.
If your switch is 5.1.0 that means you installed a hacked version which likely is patched to allow it to work without online. The normal unpatched version has a weekly check in last I checked

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The official unmodified app, installed as an nsp on 5.x, does no online checks. Plenty of people including myself can confirm this. I don't know if the same is true on 6.x but I haven't seen anyone say they can't use it on 6.x
Installing it legitimately from the eshop probably initiates the weekly checks. I don't think 5.x even has that capability anyway.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your switch is 5.1.0 that means you installed a hacked version which likely is patched to allow it to work without online. The normal unpatched version has a weekly check in last I checked
I can’t really say if it patched or not because I did use cdnsp bob to get it when it was still available but I believe I used tinfoil to ignore required firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...