Nes in arcade cabinet?

Champa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tutorial to use an arcade cabinet and put the nes mini ($60) with 30 installed games? Thanks

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did that, you would have a LOT of leftover space inside the console.
Seems a shame to let so much space go to waste.
Maybe you should think Bigger, or maybe think about additional modules that could be added to the cabinet.
What else could this cabinet house?

Thedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why not just make a full arcade cabinet with an old PC instead of an NES mini? like, if you find an old computer, and spend the $60 on like a new cpu/gpu, you could do way more than an NES mini could.

Champa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both Dear Vulpes and Thedge for your suggestions. But unfortunately I do not have any experience with woodwork or any major electronic tinkering required for this project. This was just a thought and i was expecting that someone might have done this already and i will just replicate it easily using online tutorial. I bought a nes mini classic today. A tabletop arcade cabinet will save space issues although a full cabinet will be preferable, no doubt. For someone me, this project will take months to complete provided that there is already a tutorial available. There are prebilt arcades available online to buy but too costly or the layout is different to play super Mario Bros or contra which I am mainly interested to play.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Champa
@Vulpes Abnocto

I don't know if you know, but they have arcade cabinets at walmart--they just came back.
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/..._arcade_1up_mini_cabsanyone_know_whats_under/

remove the spaces in-between--https:// www. youtube. com/watch?v=IpKuRkxMGRI

He put a retropie in there, so, I guess NES should be fine.

I dunno, but I think it's a good idea--especially if you can abuse free shipping from Walmart.

If you're curious, check out the video--he opens it at 2:57 and it seriously looks plug-and-play (like, take something with HDMI/DVI/VGA, connect it, done).

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at a bartop arcade. Put a raspberry pi in it or, yes, a pc. Just can’t justify spending almost $100 to get it all together. Also don’t have the space. I’ve always wanted a full size cabinet. I really just hook my laptop to the tv and use a gymnastics foam block as a podium for my arcade stick. Please don’t laugh.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Champa
Ah, totally understandable, but near $2,000.00 for a cabinet like that is a little....you know? Personally, for that price, I'd just put out an advertisement or build it myself.

Again, totally understand how you feel regarding the 1up cabinet.

For anyone else who might take it upon themselves to DIY:
https:// www.youtube. com/watch?v=3cME3vK1aaQ
that guy gives you some good tips as to keeping your craft professional.

@Vulpes Abnocto
I know--there definitely is a fun bit of custom woodwork, but I felt Champa literally asked, "Is there a tutorial to use an arcade cabinet and put the nes mini ($60) with 30 installed games? ", to which the answer is, "Yes, kind of."

Also, the fact you need....HDMI-plugging skills (?) versus soldering skills, is a plus.

And anyone who wants to drop 9G on an arcade cabinet you'll be proud of (probably):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Raw-Thrill...522705?hash=item239bc96611:g:yuYAAOSwGoVaodJc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.