OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

works at least own hacked hardware and nes powerpak
developed with emulator ofcourse...
QUOTE said:
Use a PAL NES to run this, or select PAL emulation in your emulator. Works at least in Nestopia, Nintendulator and FCE Ultra.
binary here
edit: hacked hardware i mean own homebrew cart with burned eproms

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Impressive, my knowledge of 6502 ASM is not all that but I can tell that probably a voodoo incantation or two to pull that one off.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing, 22 years since the NES was released and the graphics are getting better an better.

Nao, wheres my PS3 emulator for NES???

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand these tech demos. There mean nothing to gaming. They always push the machine as hard as they can to create one cool effect. But they can't put said effect in a game because all the processing power is dedicated to that effect.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I love seeing consoles really pushed to their limits, and these are the only guys who really do it.

I'd love to see something for DS though, would be amazing.

oh and don't forget rogue squadron on the gamecube
wink.gif

much nicer gfx compared to any later released games
tongue.gif

Factor5 are one of the few companies who take their time to cram out everything outta the consoles.
but yeah, demoscene rocks it all!
smile.gif
Both the amiga and nes demos were amazing! thx for posting the vids dudes.

this is unrelated to cramming out everything out of the hardware... but this is one of my fav demos: http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=17088

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's pretty amazing stuff for a NES right there
biggrin.gif

Not much beats the 'State of the Art' demo for the Amiga, imo. Considering it's being pushed out on a stock A500 (7.14mhz, 512k RAM, Floppy Drive), it's amazing. Mind you, the Amiga always was amazing - guess that's why I've got so many of them tucked away in the closet
happy.gif

Amiga - 'State of The Art' Demo

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand these tech demos. There mean nothing to gaming. They always push the machine as hard as they can to create one cool effect. But they can't put said effect in a game because all the processing power is dedicated to that effect.

I really miss the good old days. Sitting in a big room with around 20-600 people 4 AM in the morning, cracking code with 8 bit music in the background, swapping floppys, competing with others to see who could get the best DEMO in the shortest time possible. It´s not until you have experienced this that you really understand the Demo scene. It´s kinda sad to see that almost everyone these days only game on their machines and don´t code and socialize as one did in "The Good Old Days."

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
That's really awesome, especially for NES. I love seeing these kind of tech demos - cool to see the limits of the console, and gives developers (home or otherwise) a chance to fully explore the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.