Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@black.pearl :

I'v injected the R6 boot.dol (and for that matter autoboot dols) into static channels, they worked fine.. but when I injected into an animated channel (made via benzin) it just hangs on black screen.

any ideas?

btw just tried "competition" : works perfectly, but i'm affraid its not my cuppa tea.

Do you recon you could make one that resembles the real disc channel? (but obviously with DVD-r images instead of GC etc)

Black.Pearl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KiiWii said:
@black.pearl :

I'v injected the R6 boot.dol (and for that matter autoboot dols) into static channels, they worked fine.. but when I injected into an animated channel (made via benzin) it just hangs on black screen.

any ideas?

btw just tried "competition" : works perfectly, but i'm affraid its not my cuppa tea.

Do you recon you could make one that resembles the real disc channel? (but obviously with DVD-r images instead of GC etc)
Unfortunately, my English linguistic proficiency are not so good.
I have not understood properly what you wanted to say me with it.
In any case, to Your problem I have no solution idea, sorry!

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Don't know if that's possible, since the backups loaders make some patches.

Why don't you just download all IOS, and System Menu you want, like 4.0 and install with WAD Manager?

Just make sure you install SystemmenuXXX.WAD after CIOS60...wad or IOS60....wad.

Cheers!

gnomeoncrack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Levente said:
WiiPower said:
Hybridx24 said:
I thought it'd work too but the GC games just freeze then go to BootMii... Idc, I'll try something else later. I already got 3 of my favorite games on working Wii backups, so thanks and great program.
biggrin.gif

I tried and got the same. I think that has something to do with BootMii. It's correct that BootMii is envolved when playing gamecube games, but it should continue the gamecube game starting process and not start itself.

Try to put out the SD card.

Im having a similar problem ever since i installed bootmii and sysmenu 4.0
loading a gamecube game via neogamma just restarts the wii to bootmii

is there some option or setting i didnt check?

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me.

I need a hand answering a few of my queries regarding my recent softmod to my wii (i dont have a chipped wii - it is SOFT MODDED ONLY:

I followed this guide (offline guide)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I started with a PAL 3.1e wii > officially updated via a PAL UK Wii. I then followed Assassda's guide ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide - GBAtemp.net
and updated to PAL 4.0e with hbc and bootmii installed to boot2. Also have preloader.

I have bootmii installed to boot2 and hbc works ok.

I am having issue with NEOGammer Latest version R6 as it keeps giving me an error 792. I have used 2 different dvd drives (pioneer 112d 16x & Liteon 20x) to burn about 8 isos to (16x capable Verbatim -r burnt at 2x,4x,8x,12x,16x, also 3 Phillips DVD-r @ 2x,4x,8x. Both were burnt mainly with img burn. I also tried nero on a few occasions

QUESTIONS:

1. can i install NEOgamma v6 & v5 & v4 etc in the apps folder at the same time for troubleshooting purposes.

2. Same question but can i have neogamma & gamma 0.3 in the apps folder at the same time as well as others.

3. Can you brick/semi-brick your wii by messing around and troubleshooting. i.e removing folders from apps or replacing them. Or is the apps folder fullproof?

4. I cant run any iso backups through Neogamma but its fine with originals wii games. Is v6 probelematic? Are the lower versions/revisions any better with Pal 4.0E softmodded wiis?

4. In order to run gamma 0.3 do i need to install any additional ios's
4b If so, How?
4c Anyone got any clear and concise guides as everyone else seems to be following guides pertaining to system menu 3.2 & 3.4.

5 (Relating to Q4......Neogamma only had 2 files and did'nt require additional ios's to be installed why is this and why are they different?

6. Does anyone know of any links to Neogamma menu guide as i did not get one with install

7. What wii firmware release would people recommend??

Thankyou people for reading! Please help!!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why do people still use that guide? I think i told many times already that it's crap.

And you seem not to understand that copying files to the apps folder, is copying files to the apps folder and not installing anything.

"Ultimate softmodding guide"(for all firmwares up to 4.1 and all known Wiis):
Bannerbomb -> HBC -> Trucha Bug Restorer (IOS15 downgrade, install patched IOS36, IOS15 Restore) -> cIOS installer -> Loader of your choice

sylvanman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, I've only just installed neogamma on my softmodded wii and when i insert a backup it says: Dvd read error (670).
Does anyone know what it means?
I've down/upgraded my IOS's quite a few times could that be it?
Im terribly sorry if this has been posted before but i couldnt find anything.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sylvanman said:
Hey, I've only just installed neogamma on my softmodded wii and when i insert a backup it says: Dvd read error (670).
Does anyone know what it means?
I've down/upgraded my IOS's quite a few times could that be it?
Im terribly sorry if this has been posted before but i couldnt find anything.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

read, understand and if the problem still exits, ask again while providing ALL necessary info.

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Why do people still use that guide? I think i told many times already that it's crap.

And you seem not to understand that copying files to the apps folder, is copying files to the apps folder and not installing anything.

"Ultimate softmodding guide"(for all firmwares up to 4.1 and all known Wiis):
Bannerbomb -> HBC -> Trucha Bug Restorer (IOS15 downgrade, install patched IOS36, IOS15 Restore) -> cIOS installer -> Loader of your choice

Deffo THEE best guide, very simple, shows how crap the rest are LOL

sylvanman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay I read online somewhere to install a different cIOS and a different version of Neogamma so I've installed Neogamma r4 instead of Neogamma r6. And I'm on cIOS 38 13a now.
And now i get: dvd read error (721)

Info:
System Menu 4.0E
Pal Wii
Softmodded
Neogamma r4
cIOS 38 13a

Any idea what could be causing it?

Deltadesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but:

Can this play gamecube games from USB drives?

If so, how? Specifically, how do I get the files onto the drive (I have original disks as well as dumps from the disk dumping app), and having done that, how do I launch them?

Thanks.

tiger0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I used R6 and can't launch game from USB drive(SD card). It gets error message which I can't read it, and then it back to the launching screen. Any ideas?

I have Wii 4.0U and cIOs38 Re13.

Thanks!

tiger0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ralph9994,

Are you replying my question? I don't understand what are you talking about. I can play game from Disc but couldn't play from USB drive (I put SD card in the reader with proper format). R6 can recorgnize the games and just couldn't launch it.

Thanks!

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
I have NEOGAMMAr6 and everything runs so far with bu discs. (havn't tried usb loader yet)

What i need to know is:

1. Is it worth having any earlier releases of neogamma on my sd. Does r6 cover all bases?
2. I see videos on you tube of games loading a lot quicker through neogamma6 than on my 4.0E wii. (Im burning on Verbatims -r's) What am i doing wrong? How can improve my loading speeds.
3. What disc speed do bu games run at on 4.0? (maximum speed wii read disc?)

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

sylvanman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've tried using all versions of Neogamma but they all get a reading error but they are different from other versions:
r6 dvd read error (972)
r5 dvd read error (782)
r4 dvd read error (721)
r3 dvd read error (559)
r2 dvd read error (352)
Do these have anything in common?
I really don't think its my media as im burning on Sony and Phillips dvd-r's that should be enough right?

Info:
System Menu 4.0E
Pal Wii
Softmodded
cIOS 38 13a

Can anyone think of something to do?
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.