Hacking NeoGamma Thread

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yo WiiPower, love your loader. Occasionally it freezes at random moments, but it's not regular enough to be really annoying. Anyway, I can't connect to the interwebs when I play games using the R3 loader, and I've got rev10. Does it not work with WFC or what? I have a lan adapter, is that a problem? Should I just go with R4, or does that not fix it?

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bnwchbammer said:
Yo WiiPower, love your loader. Occasionally it freezes at random moments, but it's not regular enough to be really annoying. Anyway, I can't connect to the interwebs when I play games using the R3 loader, and I've got rev10. Does it not work with WFC or what? I have a lan adapter, is that a problem? Should I just go with R4, or does that not fix it?

lan adapters only work with cios rev 12 and 13, and neogamma doesn't work with 12, so i guess 13 is ur answer

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
bnwchbammer said:

lan adapters only work with cios rev 12 and 13, and neogamma doesn't work with 12, so i guess 13 is ur answer

Thanks, I'll be sure to upgrade. I can probably find a tutorial, but do you have a recommendation on to where to figure that out? If not, whatever, I'll find something. And should I upgrade to R4 with that? Well, I probably will anyway, but yea. Thanks for the quick response.

D

Deleted User

micric100 said:
bnwchbammer said:

well i once played with 12 on neogamma R3 and it worked for me.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bnwchbammer said:
micric100 said:
bnwchbammer said:

Thanks, I'll be sure to upgrade. I can probably find a tutorial, but do you have a recommendation on to where to figure that out? If not, whatever, I'll find something. And should I upgrade to R4 with that? Well, I probably will anyway, but yea. Thanks for the quick response.
don't get rev 13b, get the original rev 13, just put it in the apps folder and install with hbc, u probably need to do a wad installation since ur lan adapter isn't working, and you'll need to find the ios38 somewhere but it details that in the readme, R4 has nothing to do with your lan adapter but u can get it anyways if u want. Once u have the cios13 installed ur hdd will only work in 1 of the usb ports, the one on the bottom if ur wii is lying flat, and the other port is for ur lan adaptor or wii speak or anything else that uses usb

vigneshkum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does NeoGamma R4 RC4 has the ANTI 002 fix like what you decided to put for USB loader GX? Because I want to switch to rev12 and I was hoping if NeoGamma has this also?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just pointing out here somethings changed somewhere between R3 and R4 RC4 that stops Harvest Moon Tree Of Tranquility working !?

with R3 it works fine no changes to settings just choose launch and it works!

R4 RC4 it flashes up something about a .bin file didn't quite catch what it said exactly but ... it just goes back to the launch menu and and does not load even if I change any of the settings?!

installing R3 again it works fine !?

not changed anything else

still system menu 4.0e

still r13 not b

still 249

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry but when you post a problem, you could do it in a way i get some information. "... error ..." does not help, i don't even get if it's NeoGamma or the game that shows an error.

Also, try NeoGamma R4 and not the RC.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Sorry but when you post a problem, you could do it in a way i get some information. "... error ..." does not help, i don't even get if it's NeoGamma or the game that shows an error.

Also, try NeoGamma R4 and not the RC.

Apologies the error comes up on on the selection screen of Neogamma just under one of the other lines something about a .bin file (will find out the exact name later as the game is now being played and kids dont have a lot of patience to be stopping and starting games
frown.gif
)

will try the R4 also later when games finished being played will come back and add the additional info
smile.gif

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to upgrade to the NeoGamma loader.

I've checked my Wii and I'm on
Wii V3.36E
Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma IOS249

Is that enough information?
Is it safe with that already on there?

I haven't used my Wii since about a month after I first got it as I was too scared of bricking it with a dodgy game. And found it hard to get answers on here.
I really want to start using it again but I loaded a new backup game (on disc) into it and got the 002 Error. I googled and found NeoGamma here.

Now to the next problem I can't remember how I got the current loader on my Wii (I seem to remember my SD card and computer were involved
tongue.gif
)I certainly don't know how to put NeoGamma on it.
I googled and read all yesterday evening 'NeoGamma tutorial' 'NeoGamma guide' etc. Nothing!

Does a technophobe stupid proof guide exist anywhere? Please?

Sorry and Thank You

lycanfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ha ha i have just had an idea, i could not get metroid prime to load properly before on anything it was the english patch jap version and would hang on game screen, i will let u know in a min as i am about to check.

lycanfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok same problem as always it reboots wii wen i try to load a game i have tried everything now, all settings on neogamma, any chance u can help. how do i extract the .dol file from a backuped disc to as i tried loading with alt.dol it said that .dol cant be found, but i do know wot to name it now. otherwise ill just have to wait till they release the 3in1 metroid primes this year.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Vegeta said:
WiiPower,

Will you be further pursuing getting GameCube games to force boot into 480p or thats it?

I have no idea how gamecube stuff works. Maybe there's already a way to do that, i don't know.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I have no idea how gamecube stuff works. Maybe there's already a way to do that, i don't know.

GCOS, a loader similiar to GeckoOS but for the GameCube lets you do that but its incompatible with the Wii's DVD drive.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower really did a great job with NeoGamma.
Simple, clean and compatible.

I just messed a bit with ps and due the lag of the devkit on my machine, right here, I can't compile the R3 myself with this BG

2s67j87.png

Would be nice if one could compile the R3 with this background for me.
THX

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thx kyogc.

but the picture is cut off, cos of the large console from NeoGamma.
Maybe I'll make another "background" picture or optimize the consoles values.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiShizzza said:
thx kyogc.

but the picture is cut off, cos of the large console from NeoGamma.
Maybe I'll make another "background" picture or optimize the consoles values.

You can disable the console completly, it's only used to print error messages at startup. And there's also a function executed every button press to clear the used screen area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol