Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

Spacetech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SickPuppy said:
Spacetech said:
Is there anyway you can get Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 to work? There must be some way to get it to load.

Did you see the first post?

QUOTE said:
Known and confirmed not working gamecube backups:

- Phantasy Star Online 1+2+3(black screen with normal plugin, "an error occured" with high plugin)
- 007 Everything or Nothing(more details required)
Yea I saw the first post, I'm was just wondering if hes working on making it work.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Mar 1 2011, 02:25 AM)
I heard it's working in Swiss, so i asked emu_kidid about it. But what he told me didn't help me further, i still have no clue what's wrong, so i can't even begin to work on a solution.
What did he tell you about it? (I'm just curious because I would love to play this game
tongue.gif
)

WarBuddhaV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one go from neogamma R7 straight to this? I have the hardest time understanding wii homebrew, and worried about trying things. I don't need it for gamecube stuff, just wii, so any extra things needed for that is unnecessary.

Natx15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for post this here, but i have a little problem (not so serious).

I got a DVD5 version for SSBB and i burn as every *.iso (2 times) but NeoGamma give me a black screen, not error, nothing, only a black screen and wiimote's led's blink...

What could be the problem? oh! i have R9 with cIOS rev.20...thanks in advance...

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi WiiPower,
do you have any clues on how to get the "Bundel Disc" with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort (Disk ID SP2P01) to work with the USB Loaders?

I hope that there is anything possible like Disk+ for this porblem.

Greetings
Geridian

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I have a GC multidisc (3 games - iso, non-compressed) compiled with Multigame ISO Creator 3.2.4F. Its burned fine at 1x, but when it loads in Neogamma, I can't boot any of the games. It boots into the GC loader but the GC pad doesn't respond. It shows the first game but I can change game or boot at all. Pressing the power off button reboots the wii, buts thats all I can do. I have no other devices connected to the Wii and the pad is fine as the youngest of my 3 kids uses it for SSBB

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Geridian said:
Hi WiiPower,
do you have any clues on how to get the "Bundel Disc" with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort (Disk ID SP2P01) to work with the USB Loaders?

Greetings
Geridian

I don't know that disc, it's the 1st time i hear from it. What .dols can you choose from when you eneable alternative .dol loading from disc(without +)? If there are any other .dol files and you name them here, i can try to create a .wdm file for it.

QUOTE(bazamuffin @ Mar 24 2011, 12:16 PM) I have a GC multidisc (3 games - iso, non-compressed) compiled with Multigame ISO Creator 3.2.4F. Its burned fine at 1x, but when it loads in Neogamma, I can't boot any of the games. It boots into the GC loader but the GC pad doesn't respond. It shows the first game but I can change game or boot at all. Pressing the power off button reboots the wii, buts thats all I can do. I have no other devices connected to the Wii and the pad is fine as the youngest of my 3 kids uses it for SSBB

1. If it boots into a GC loader that is supposed to react on a controller in any way, then you did either not use NeoGamma's internal GC mode, or you are using an incompatible cMIOS. Since you can't select the game in wii mode already, i assume it's not set to GC mode internal.
2. Some 3rd party GC controllers have a weird compatiblity, it's possible it doesn't work for GC homebrew, but wii games. And in that case i can't even estimate if it will work for GC games or not. But with NeoGamma's internal loader, you only need a GC controller after actually booting the game.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
WiiPower said:
1. If it boots into a GC loader that is supposed to react on a controller in any way, then you did either not use NeoGamma's internal GC mode, or you are using an incompatible cMIOS. Since you can't select the game in wii mode already, i assume it's not set to GC mode internal.
2. Some 3rd party GC controllers have a weird compatiblity, it's possible it doesn't work for GC homebrew, but wii games. And in that case i can't even estimate if it will work for GC games or not. But with NeoGamma's internal loader, you only need a GC controller after actually booting the game.

Switched to cMIOS v4 and it seems to have sorted it out, thanks for the help
smile.gif

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
Geridian said:
Hi WiiPower,

Greetings
Geridian

I don't know that disc, it's the 1st time i hear from it. What .dols can you choose from when you eneable alternative .dol loading from disc(without +)? If there are any other .dol files and you name them here, i can try to create a .wdm file for it.

Hello WiiPower,
sorry for my very late answer
frown.gif

I try to give you the names for the alt. dol files today.

Thanks for your readiness to help
smile.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all,

This Neo Gamma is the same as those USB Loader?

Is there any instruction on how to get it done?
It had been a long time since I last update the entire Wii console.

So, I am quite confused.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a question about burning gamecube discs...

Thus far, I've managed to get quite a few working. Compilation DVD's with 3 games (using MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+). but when reading the first post, I see that all games should now work shrunken*, provided you use the fstfix command to properly fix the audio alignment.

My question is as follows: does this mean that all (or at least most) of the "does not work shrunken" in the official compatability list are outdated (and need to be reconfirmed with newer beta versions and fstfix-fixing)?
And more important: do the games that rely on streaming audio actually have streaming audio?

For example, Ikaruga's entry has the following: "Works fine on Neogamma r9b41, mulitiiso fstfix t s g, NTSC "
...I can see the need for the t parameter (fixes the 32k align) and the s as well (streamfix auto detection). But is the g (3 gigs size output) really needed? I mean...it's obviously not really convenient to shrink a game if you're going to expand to twice the original size afterwards.
unsure.gif

Thanks for your time...and I'm sorry if this has been answered before (I didn't read all the pages of this thread)

*I take it 007 and phantasy star online don't work at all, and baiten kaitos has its own instructions

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The entries in the list "doesn't work on multi game disc" and "doesn't work shrunk" are the same, well at least i bet they are. People usually check the shrink option when creating multi game discs. Anyways, if you take really the same .iso and burn it 1:1 once and once inside a multi game disc, then there will be no difference when loading it via NeoGamma. And shrinking only kills audio streaming games that have actually audio streams on disc, no audio streams = no audio streams with wrong alignment.

The s option in fstfix that does something to the audio streaming is only modchip relevant, since the audio streams are not played with NeoGamma, it doesn't matter in which format they are or if they are broken. The error you get with shrunken audio streaming games comes from an internal check function that checks if the alignment of the audio stream is fine, it is done before the game actually tries to play the audio stream. The function that plays the audio stream is overwritten by a function that does nothing.

The g option makes a 3 GB .iso, which seems to improve the reading speed, which seems to be required for the Baten Kaitos games, but until now i haven't heard of any reports that it's required for other games. You also achieve the same by putting the game as 2nd on a multi game disc after a full 1.x GB .iso.

Also burned discs with such broken/shrunken .isos should play fine using the 32K fix from NeoGamma, but it's not a nice solution as it just overwrites the audio stream positions(in the fst) on disc with 32K aligned ones. If a game were to load the audio stream as data for some reason, it would read wrong data. And this 32K fix won't work in combination with patched MIOS.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...thanks for the complete explanation. I had to reread it a couple times to completely understand it, but ey...the advantage of a forum is that it's easy to read/learn at your own pace.
smile.gif

Unfortunate enough, I wasn't able to use fstfix to actually do some fixing of the audio streams. When using it to patch Ikaruga and crazy taxi, it seems to only fix the last entry. All the other files give a warning like "cannot fix .fst".

I'm not entirely sure if it is because of fstfix itself. My virus scanners don't really like the program: sophos removes it even before it can be run (malicious code), and it took some ignoring of warnings to allow it to be run in anything but sandbox mode (in which the program cannot create a file).
Well...I don't mean to cause hoaxes (it won't be the first time my scanners churn out a false positive), but are you sure the program is (still) safe to use?
unsure.gif

EDIT: forgot to mention: this is both on windows XP and 7...both 32-bit (XP uses sophos, 7 uses avast).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey wiipower, do you know why I can't use verbatim mini dvd-r's for my gamecube games? I simply get error 1208, but I nearly never used my drive and normal verbatim dvd-r's are working fine, any idea what I could do?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
aren't the mini dvd's more expensive? I know this doesn't address the root problem, but if I were u I would just save 2 or 3 games to the standard dvd-r's instead of spending more money to have less games backed up to mini dvd's (but if u have mini dvd-r's just lying around serving no other purpose, I can see why you want to find a use for them)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heard that most mini DVD-Rs have a crap quality, maybe verbatim mini DVD-Rs are no exception to that rule. As far as i know there's no reason why they shouldn't work, other than the same reason for regular DVD-Rs(bad burn, DVD+R without bitsetting etc).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
aren't the mini dvd's more expensive? I know this doesn't address the root problem, but if I were u I would just save 2 or 3 games to the standard dvd-r's instead of spending more money to have less games backed up to mini dvd's (but if u have mini dvd-r's just lying around serving no other purpose, I can see why you want to find a use for them)
Yes, there are VERY expensive but the size is better
laugh.gif
I simply wanted to try it out and it doesn't work, so I will keep using normal discs. I still had two mini dvds here so I burned my two favourite gamecube games on it. The mini dvds are definitely fine because the dolphin emulator can use them, but my wii can't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo