Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here 's a simple thought:

Add an online update function (like CFG loader) in neogamma.

The new versions of neogamma seem endless, almost daily.
Hard to keep up and undoable this way.

YOCJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why updating to every version that has been released when you don't have problems with the one you were using? For example I'm (still) using NeoGamma R8 Beta1.. Updates are supposed to fix your problem when you have one.. When you don't, keep using the old one.
smile.gif

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
hetfield said:
Here 's a simple thought:

Add an online update function (like CFG loader) in neogamma.

The new versions of neogamma seem endless, almost daily.
Hard to keep up and undoable this way.

I second this request, it is something I have eben hoping for for a while now, in Neogamma. I use USBloader.CFG for my external HDD, and the update feature in it is invaluable and saves a lot of hassle (moving SDCard to PC, downlaoding new version, replacing DOls, etc..), would be awesoem in Neogamma ..

Either way, great work anyway.. I couldn't live witgout Neogamma .. ;P

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't like apps that phone home, i won't add any internet code.

YOCJ said:
Why updating to every version that has been released when you don't have problems with the one you were using? For example I'm (still) using NeoGamma R8 Beta1.. Updates are supposed to fix your problem when you have one.. When you don't, keep using the old one.
smile.gif

That's a good point, but in order to get to know if one of my changes broke something, somebody needs to check it out. But really only very few people need to try every new version, if you have a not working gamecube game for example.

YOCJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@WiiPower
You got a point there too.. But I'm sure that people are reporting bugs to you. You can't expect every gbatemp user to test every beta with all his gamecube discs..
tongue.gif

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Just for reference can you answer these questions regarding Gamecube backups.

1. When installing wiigators cmios

a) which IOS should I load.
b) in the top right hand corner it says IOS36 (Rev 3351) is this correct
c) should I set revision to 65535

2. In Neogamma

a) at the bottom of the screen it read cios38rev19 slot 249 is this correct
b) if not how do I go about changing it

These questions may be pointless and if the are say so, but it may be important so that all Neogamma users have the exact same set-up.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Parablank said:
Wait, it says:

- Ocarina/Wiird on retail GC discs

How do you do this?

I load the code handler from Gecko OS for gamecube edition into memory at 0x80001800, patch the hook into the main.dol and execute the game. Well that's for both Ocarina and Wiird, for Ocarina i additionally copy the code list to its offset(somewhere in 0x80001800-0x80003000). That's all. I can't/won't do that for backups, because for backup loading i need to replace some dvd drive functions, and 0x80001800-0x80003000 is the only known free memory area to put the replacements into.

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Parablank said:
Wait, it says:

- Ocarina/Wiird on retail GC discs

How do you do this?

I load the code handler from Gecko OS for gamecube edition into memory at 0x80001800, patch the hook into the main.dol and execute the game. Well that's for both Ocarina and Wiird, for Ocarina i additionally copy the code list to its offset(somewhere in 0x80001800-0x80003000). That's all. I can't/won't do that for backups, because for backup loading i need to replace some dvd drive functions, and 0x80001800-0x80003000 is the only known free memory area to put the replacements into.

Alright, but is it possible to use Action Replay? I'm using a backup (legit disc broke), so would that work?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should, but only with a backup disc of Action Replay, and if the game you want to use Action Replay with is on the same multi game disc, or the game is a single game disc.

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It should, but only with a backup disc of Action Replay, and if the game you want to use Action Replay with is on the same multi game disc, or the game is a single game disc.
So, I know how to multi game disc, but how do you switch between the two games?

Also, how would a backup of the rare action replay work, since you need a "special" memory stick, if I remember correctly.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Parablank said:
WiiPower said:
So, I know how to multi game disc, but how do you switch between the two games?

Also, how would a backup of the rare action replay work, since you need a "special" memory stick, if I remember correctly.

I don't know too much about it, i don't have it myself. You switch between two discs by selecting the 2nd disc with Z(it's marked with * then), and when ingame, you eject and reinsert the disc.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
found another not working gamecube backup: PSO III C.A.R.D Revolution [PAL], game ID: GPSP8P, black screen with and without the reloader, no error message or anything.

so far I got three not working backups, PSO I and II, PSO III, 007 Agent under fire, and Ikaruga keeps reloading after pushing start.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
found another not working gamecube backup: PSO III C.A.R.D Revolution [PAL], game ID: GPSP8P, black screen with and without the reloader, no error message or anything.

so far I got three not working backups, PSO I and II, PSO III, 007 Agent under fire, and Ikaruga keeps reloading after pushing start.

Do the PSO games have a single player mode? If not, i do not care about them.

What's the title id of 007 Agent under fire? Do you want a test version for it? What's the issue with it?

I got a report that Ikaruga doesn't work with the "fix" for Pokemon Box. Did you try it with fstfix with both patches + 3 GB .iso? Also i got a report with a buzzing noise when selecting start misson/game in its main menu. It does reload for you and play the intro again?

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
Do the PSO games have a single player mode? If not, i do not care about them.

What's the title id of 007 Agent under fire? Do you want a test version for it? What's the issue with it?

I got a report that Ikaruga doesn't work with the "fix" for Pokemon Box. Did you try it with fstfix with both patches + 3 GB .iso? Also i got a report with a buzzing noise when selecting start misson/game in its main menu. It does reload for you and play the intro again?

Both PSO I and II and PSO III have an offline mode.
Title ID of 007 Angent under fire: GW7P69, and I want a test version, issue: after a long green screen I get an error message: The game disc could not be read...
I haven't tried Ikaruga as a 3 GB iso and what both patches do you mean?
f = fullsize
g = 3 gigs size
s = streamfix
t = force 32 align file
Yes Ikaruga restarts, and plays the tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all...