Not open for further replies.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sienile said:
I've never had much trouble with any games on it except for "Sam & Max: Season 1".

What games use Ocarina?

Problems with Sam & Max? Did you patch it to use IOS249 and burned it to disc?

sienile

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of patching the ISO to IOS 249, but I don't know how. Know of a good tutorial?
smile.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Any hope that the new ocarina problem in R8 can be fixed in the near future (e.g. within a month) ?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sienile said:
I've heard of patching the ISO to IOS 249, but I don't know how. Know of a good tutorial?
smile.gif

Use IOS Patcher to update the ISO to IOS249 prior to burning. Just drag your ISO onto the IOS patcher exe file and type 249 when prompted to Input an IOS version. Problem Solved

sienile

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, bula. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Just got my 80 GB External HD in today. I'm going to be very busy.
tongue.gif

MarcusIronfist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any idea when the next update will be ready?

I'm having odd issues with burned discs that run the same day I burned them, but then give odd 4-digit (11xx) error codes (or freeze at the warning screen about using the strap) the next day...

Any ideas?

My Wii is an NTSC USA model, LU54 series, with System Menu 4.1 and cIOS 249 r14.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
RockmanForte said:
MarcusIronfist said:
Any idea when the next update will be ready?

Please don't ask when the next update will be ready.
smile.gif
Haven't heard anything from WiiPower lately...he was online the last days, still...

He's busy anyways...I mean: Triiforce, real life, secret project with Nicksasa and then NeoGamma? He realy deserves a break. And I can wait, I'm happy with what I've got already
smile.gif

Overall: Wait...it's done when it's done.

Edit @Problem: Keep in mind that this is Beta. Beta = Bugs. Use NeoGamma rev7, and if that won't work, I go with bad media.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
beta 2, but don't get your hopes too high. I wouldn't even be surprised if it does not start games at all as i did not test it yet.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok i know it took very long, and it's not that great, sorry for that. But no attention at all?

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me a few mins and I'll test it.
smile.gif

EDIT: Rebooter appears to be working fine. Ocarina on the other hand isn't working for me (I'm using the VBI hook). It does find the codes and seems to apply them but in game it doesn't work. Tested this with TMNT Smash Up. I'll test it with other hooks and other games in a little bit.

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burned a copy of Dairantō Smash Brothers X to a Memorex DVD+R DL (Dual Layer) using ImgBurn and manually setting the 2nd layer to start at 2084960

I am using cIOSrev13b (the latest before 14 becuase 14 doesn't work with dual layer games)

I am using NeoGamma V8 Beta 2 found at the beginning of this thread

and I got a disk read error 1020

any ideas?

I know I can't use version 14 because that doesn't work with dual layer disks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
panzeroceania said:
I burned a copy of Dairant? Smash Brothers X to a Memorex DVD+R DL (Dual Layer) using ImgBurn and manually setting the 2nd layer to start at 2084960

I am using cIOSrev13b (the latest before 14 becuase 14 doesn't work with dual layer games)

I am using NeoGamma V8 Beta 2 found at the beginning of this thread

and I got a disk read error 1020

any ideas?

I know I can't use version 14 because that doesn't work with dual layer disks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry wrong thread. But before you leave:
1. Did you bitset the disc to dvd-r/dvd-rom?
2. Do you have any burned games that works?
3. Is your Wii brand new?

(if 2 is no and 3 is yes, congratulations, your Wii won't be able to ready ANY DVD-Rs)

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no my wii is not brand new, I got it circa June 2007

yes other games work, I'm just trying to get dual layer disks to work.

EDIT:

also, is it possible to get the games you play through neogamma to show up on the list of daily games you've played on the wii bulletin board (which also influences the new nintendo channel, if you've played a game over an hour you get to rate it)

this would be a GREAT feature!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
King Of Chaos said:
Ocarina on the other hand isn't working for me (I'm using the VBI hook). It does find the codes and seems to apply them but in game it doesn't work. Tested this with TMNT Smash Up.
Tested with Dead Rising Cheats, worked on rev7, on Beta2 I get the same like King of Chaos, applying cheats, but they don't work. Tried the VBI Hook and NextFrame, both the same result. Still, nice that you're working on it. Thanks, WiiPower, keep it going
grog.gif
!!!
QUOTE(panzeroceania @ Sep 25 2009, 08:58 AM) also, is it possible to get the games you play through neogamma to show up on the list of daily games you've played on the wii bulletin board (which also influences the new nintendo channel, if you've played a game over an hour you get to rate it)
I would say: no! Simply because it's very hard to do, and pretty useless. You would have to open a file on the NAND, and edit it, which is pretty dangerous. Forget this please...but hey, like I said...only my opinion...

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Levente said:
This is the best rebooter so far, it does not give the "Error Launching Systemmenu" on 4.1 BUT after started the game from the disk channel there is the "An error occoured...." message.
I only could luanched games that were patched to IOS249.

Still the same.
No preloader, no hacks, only bootmii, cIOS rev14, Wii 4.1

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
panzeroceania said:
also, is it possible to get the games you play through neogamma to show up on the list of daily games you've played on the wii bulletin board (which also influences the new nintendo channel, if you've played a game over an hour you get to rate it)
I would say: no! Simply because it's very hard to do, and pretty useless. You would have to open a file on the NAND, and edit it, which is pretty dangerous. Forget this please...but hey, like I said...only my opinion...

Well I wouldn't want anything dangerous but I'd hardly call it useless, just because I'm using my backups doesn't mean I don't want to be able to vote for the games I like, or see how long my little brother has been playing. Besides, if the Wii can do this function every time you play a game in a non dangerous way then we just have to find that way. None of this stuff was easy for the people who did it to begin with, but now we have this stuff and it's great, why not go the extra mile and not only give extra features that the wii does not have, but also give you all the features it already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse