NeoDS not working.

lolip0p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Can anyone help with my nds. I have NeoDS and would like to get the king of fighters 96, 97 and 98 but when i get the .bin or .rom files and use the converter nothing happens? any help would be lovely. Or just send the files would be helpful too thanks! Have an amazing day / night

Reactions: The_toked_cavalier

lolip0p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you also have the neogeo bios roms? It won't work without them.

Check the installation and User Guide here;
I do have the bio roms i can send it if you wanna see if it s the correct one, and i have already looked at the installation guide but that told me to do what i did.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
NeoGeo Roms had to be converted to .neo according to user guide
it's kind of tricky to get it working, I think I had to have convertor in root directory of win? duno. It took me quite a while to get it . but it's working. Also having the right romset is also important (check errors - missing files - convertor is allerting you...
anyway.. PM'd
There was a link to full converted romset for NeoDS
BUT
NeoDS works OK on DS file system, but doesn't work right on DSi file system (At least I didn't manage to get it working...)

The_toked_cavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with NeoDs converting the zip files to .neo files. I found another tool for .cia files to convert to .cia, I have put the bios file and metal slug in there and I click it and get no files back.
Post automatically merged:

NeoGeo Roms had to be converted to .neo according to user guide
it's kind of tricky to get it working, I think I had to have convertor in root directory of win? duno. It took me quite a while to get it . but it's working. Also having the right romset is also important (check errors - missing files - convertor is allerting you...
anyway.. PM'd
There was a link to full converted romset for NeoDS
BUT
NeoDS works OK on DS file system, but doesn't work right on DSi file system (At least I didn't manage to get it working...)
I also cant get my converter to work I dont know if it is the type of roms or not but Im using NeoDs 2.0 or 20

I do have the bio roms i can send it if you wanna see if it s the correct one, and i have already looked at the installation guide but that told me to do what i did.
I got the bios file to say neogeo.neo but I cant get my roms to have the .neo on them to fix the neo bios you have to go in the zip file and change the sfix file to sfx leave it zipped though run the convert tool and you have a neobios.neo file but i cant get the roms to do the same

Last edited by The_toked_cavalier,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I remember correctly, the conversion tool is to be launched from the command line of the ms-dos prompt: I generally do it from an old Windows XP PC, putting the necessary files directly into the main root of the hard disk. On modern computers I don't know if that tool can work, and in what way (perhaps via dosbox?). 🤔

The_toked_cavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have solution but I will tell you after I get it

I got the complete rom set for the NeoDs games already converted to .neo files I got them from a tucked away space. it only allows a download 1 time every 12-18 hrs lol its not a joke

IMG_20231101_194939_110.jpg
IMG_20231101_194939_110.jpg

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
The conversion tool is quite bad at catching and reporting errors. If your BIOS ROM isn't right it won't work, there's a file named as .sfix which needs renaming to .sfx in the zip. Also the zip files must contain no folder structure.

The_toked_cavalier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the NeoGeo.neo files all of them for neogeo games A-Z. I dont know how to send them though. Hold on a second.
Hello! Can anyone help with my nds. I have NeoDS and would like to get the king of fighters 96, 97 and 98 but when i get the .bin or .rom files and use the converter nothing happens? any help would be lovely. Or just send the files would be helpful too thanks! Have an amazing day / night

Google this: "NeoDS rom.part2.rar" it will take you to where you need to download them. They have 3 sets of roms so go to NeoDS rom.rar

The conversion tool is quite bad at catching and reporting errors. If your BIOS ROM isn't right it won't work, there's a file named as .sfix which needs renaming to .sfx in the zip. Also the zip files must contain no folder structure.
I have tried fixing the sifx to sfx and tjhat works for the neogeo bios file but not the roms. I found the roms in a tucked away place I googled NeoDS.roms.rar and found already converted files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto