• Views 301,489
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can anybody explain me the cheat feature for WBFS .gct? its only for WBFS or FST, too?

what exactly must i do?

rev66
DI: * Enabled the cheat feature for WBFS
.gct files go in /sneek/cheat/
file name structure: GAMEID.gct

cheat support for FST will work for me.
my settings with r75:

usb:\games\gameid\codes.gct
usb:\sneek\kenobiwii.bin
Game debugging : On
Debugger wait : Off
Hook type : OSSleepThread

cheat support for wbfs will not work for me.
my settings with r75:

usb:\sneek\kenobiwii.bin
Game debugging : On
Debugger wait : Off
Hook type : OSSleepThread
i tried usb:\sneek\cheat\gameid.gct and sd:\sneek\cheat\gameid.gct and usb:\wbfs\sneek\cheat\gameid.gct

what make i wrong?

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question, is there a problem in loading guitar hero warriors of rock ntsc in neek2o?
it is working using configurable usb loader but neek2o cannot detect it, whats wrong?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Strange...I know I tested it back then (though it may have been the PAL version), so it should work. Can you check the directory structure? It should be one of the following formats:

wbfs/SXIE52/SXIE52.wbfs
wbfs/SXIE52.wbfs
wbfs/SXIE52_warriors_of_rock/SXIE52.wbfs
wbfs/warriors_of_rock[SXIE52]/SXIE52.wbfs
wbfs/warriors_of_rock[SXIE52].wbfs

(or similar: it's a bit adapted from the first post)

@[member='everyoneneedsasmile']: a question...will neek2o boot if I reformat my SD card in 64k clusters? (I know it won't work if the USB drive is that format, but it now seems like DML likes games more if they're in 64k)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeeey! :D

Confirmed for truth. :P

(this partitioning thing is getting interesting: an USB HD is best at max 32k clustersize while the SD is best at 64k cluster :) ).

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
someone try this.

Play "Pop'n'Rhythm" Europe/PAL version on NTSC NAND (activate the region hacks) then play 3 or more songs and quit the game to system menu. See what happens :creep: .

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a bug when loading Neek2O when there is a retail Gamecube game in the drive?
I cannot seem to get to the NeekGUI ( for game selection ), when I rebooted ( to make it work again...) and retarted Neek2O I only got a black screen, seems my setup is broken now......

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Ive been making a Casper uneek2o set-up for my black wii, and noticed that some games were runnin choppy (used red steel 2 as a tester) when i formatted my new 32gig thumb drive to the recommended 32 clusters (which works great on my big ol' HDD).
So, i reformatted the stick to 64 clusters and red steel2 runs buttery smoove.
Maybe it accesses data differently cuz there's no moving parts in a flashdrive or something, but weirdly it liked the 64 clusters per sector better.
Thought it was worth a mention.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ive been making a Casper uneek2o set-up for my black wii, and noticed that some games were runnin choppy (used red steel 2 as a tester) when i formatted my new 32gig thumb drive to the recommended 32 clusters (which works great on my big ol' HDD).
So, i reformatted the stick to 64 clusters and red steel2 runs buttery smoove.
Maybe it accesses data differently cuz there's no moving parts in a flashdrive or something, but weirdly it liked the 64 clusters per sector better.
Thought it was worth a mention.
youve got your nand + games on your stick/drive with a cluster size of 64k?
i thought only max 32k were possible. if this is true, i'd like to try it, too.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...this is weird. It took me some tries to update to rev75 (in the end, I just updated the sneekinstaller and all the files before downloading & compiling the game), but it worked...

...but now I notice games start throwing the "there is not enough memory on your wii. please create some empty blocks" error whenever I try to create a savegame.

Am I the only one who has this?

(I downgraded back to r69 to fix it, but it's kinda weird).

I'm not 100% sure it's neek2o, though. In this period, I also used UIDManager to clear out UID.sys. However, restoring an older UID.sys doesn't help, whereas a clean UID.sys + rev69 neek2o works fine.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you having this issue with all games that run for the first time, or just some specific ones.

Some games can't create a game save if one doesn't exist. The fs and fs-usb got patched for it, but this caused issues with other games.
The patch is just in now for 1 specific game RUY? Maybe other games will need it as well, or you will need to install a save before it starts to work.

It could also be that due to the uid.sys being removed, the game assumes the save doesn't exist, while in fact it does already exist on the nand.
This might cause some strange behavour as well. We will need to look into it.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like to say I've been using r75 with no issues so far. Kids put it through a workout this weekend and went without a glich. I also used Stfours latest version of postloader to load GC game Spider-man, gameplay was awesome! intro video jerked now and then with a 16g sd formated fat32 with 32k cluster size. Would like to try it formated 64k clustersize some time to see if it eliminates the jerky inro vid, its not to bad tough

love the hard work you guys do!

THANKS
obcd and Overjoy

Shag

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you having this issue with all games that run for the first time, or just some specific ones.

Some games can't create a game save if one doesn't exist. The fs and fs-usb got patched for it, but this caused issues with other games.
The patch is just in now for 1 specific game RUY? Maybe other games will need it as well, or you will need to install a save before it starts to work.

It could also be that due to the uid.sys being removed, the game assumes the save doesn't exist, while in fact it does already exist on the nand.
This might cause some strange behavour as well. We will need to look into it.
Noticed this with Mario power tennis and silent hill: shattered memories (both no savegame before). Resident evil 4 also gave a warning, but since that one already had a savegame, it worked fine anyhow.

Seeing how just replacing SD:\sneek\kernel.bin and USB:\sneek\di.bin and \kernel.bin with their older version stops this issue makes me think that it is not UID.sys related. Either way, I never had problems finding savegames if they existed. Just if they weren't created yet. I've read somewhere that whenever a process asks how much free blocks there are left on the nand, the emu nand straight out lies and gives a random high number. It seems to me that there is a bug in that right now whenever games do that check.

But honestly: this is just theorycrafting. As long as I'm the only one reporting this, it's more likely it's just me having screwed with things I shouldn't have touched. :P

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's hard to tell right now.
I think Overjoy tweaked the numbers a little that are reported when a process asks the number of free blocks.
Maybe some programs don't like those new numbers. :)
It would be helpfull if someone else could test neek2o rev. 75 with those same games.

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Strange...I know I tested it back then (though it may have been the PAL version), so it should work. Can you check the directory structure? It should be one of the following formats:

wbfs/SXIE52/SXIE52.wbfs
wbfs/SXIE52.wbfs
wbfs/SXIE52_warriors_of_rock/SXIE52.wbfs
wbfs/warriors_of_rock[SXIE52]/SXIE52.wbfs
wbfs/warriors_of_rock[SXIE52].wbfs

(or similar: it's a bit adapted from the first post)

@[member='everyoneneedsasmile']: a question...will neek2o boot if I reformat my SD card in 64k clusters? (I know it won't work if the USB drive is that format, but it now seems like DML likes games more if they're in 64k)

i have tried this directory structures but only resulted to black screen using joyflow and unidentified disc in disc channel.

Could it be because the file is splitted?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is the wbfs you are having only the game partition? If not, try to convert the iso to just "the game partition" wbfs.
Are you sure the wbfs is not a bad dump? Can you run it on real nand with an usb loader? Splitted files shouldn't be a problem, as long as you have all the pieces together .wbfs .wbf1 .wbf2 Splitting may be done at 1Gig, 2Gig or 4Gig (-32KB)

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the SNEEK+DI version support apps on SD? I need PostLoader for DML and Save Game Manager GX (for some save games from VC games), but I can't get the forwarder channels to load them. With UNEEK+DI this works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...