need to know before i do anything

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by kyler, May 19, 2017.

1. kyler
    OP

kyler Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    Canada
    what happens to a Wii u if i brick the Vwii i want to mod it to get nintendont (so i dont have to keep unplugging my WiiU and then plugin my gamecube) i just want to know if i brick my vwii could i still use my normal wii u? could i restore the vwii? i did not know if i should post it here or if there is another thread that answers my question... If there is another thread that will answer my question just link it in the description. please dont get mad

2. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    1. You can brick vWii, however if you brick vWii, your Wii U will be unable to update itself
    2. Yes, you can restore it with a dump, preferably yours but if you "forgot" to backup it, then some users can help you with that
    3. If you hardbricked your vWii, wupserver and FTPiiU everywhere is your friend.
    4. vWii requires another HDD hidden with UStealth

3. kyler
    OP

kyler Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    Canada
    ok thanks i will dump my vwii before i do anything :)

4. kyler
    OP

kyler Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    Canada
    i have a dump of the latest wii menu (from my wii) that i use for dolphin could i use that if it bricks (i have homebrew and everything installed just want to know incase i install a bad file and it bricks my vwii)

5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    No that won't work. You need to dump the vWii nand and then you'll be safe

6. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    To add to that: Any Wii related stuff will brick your vWii like Priiloader and Wii IOS'es.
    Only look for "vWii" if it doesn't include "v/Virtual" then don't bother with it.

Kafluke likes this.
  7. Sagento

Sagento Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Falek, it appears that I bricked my vWii. I can only guess that simply because I accidentally ran a batch IOS installer for the old Wii CIOS files which brought my vWii to a black screen of death. I can, however, access the vWii filesysystem using FTP everywhere and Filezilla. I don't have a NAND backup or keys and yes, I know, it's a pretty screwed up situation but I'm sure there's a way to restore the vWii NAND (I hope) to a clean state so I can properly do a NAND/keys backup (like a good boy) so I wonder if you can point me in the right direction. I have read around you can download IOS files using WUSD but when I try that I get the "hashes did not match" error. I can only assume this is happening because I did not include the proper key.txt file in the root directory of the executable file. Am I in the right path here? I know I should have not installed Wii IOSes on a vWii file system, it was an accident so I am asking for mercy and for the necessary knowledge so I can offer my daughter some endless entertainment...not to mention that my wife is pissed...pending your comments.

8. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    PM me and we'll work that out.

9. Sagento

Sagento Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Sorry still a new member and have not reached the 10 minimum posts to be able to PM anyone. :(

10. Felek666

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I'll drop you a DM.