Hardware Need Technical help about charging/voltages/stuff

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello guys, i have a question.
so i since i've put wireless charging in my 3ds, i have a worry now.
what "would" happen if i wirelessly charge my 3ds with a wireless charger at 800mah 4.8v but also plug in the charger cable that would supply another 1amp 4.8v, would they stack? would it kill my n3ds xl? i really don't want to try it, but i really would like know, just on a need to know base. My thinking would be that the volt wont stack and it would just addup in mah but since the 3ds only takes 1A max it wouldn't matter how many sources i'd hook up right? still want to know for 100% sure, oh and the magnetic field of my wireless charger seems to disrupt the touchscreen while wireless charging, it wont move it around but the middle is hard to touch control while charging, that shouldn't be to harmfull though right?

Last edited by Dennis G,

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
You should be worrying about the magnetic field , ever remember when magnets could mess up SD cards, use Copper tape to shield your components and touch screen, oh yeah it would stack and blow it badly, use a gate to disable the charge port when power comes via wireless charger

Edit: Its super harmful

Last edited by TariqSoftDev,

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should be worrying about the magnetic field , ever remember when magnets could mess up SD cards, use Copper tape to shield your components and touch screen, oh yeah it would stack and blow it badly, use a gate to disable the charge port when power comes via wireless charger

i have a silver, quite hard tape on the coil of the receiver (came with it), it's on the side of the touch screen but it seems like the transmitter comes though to the touchscreen though.
and what exacly do you mean by "gate", could you provide a picture of sorts, i'm not 100% With english :P

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a silver, quite hard tape on the coil of the receiver (came with it), it's on the side of the touch screen but it seems like the transmitter comes though to the touchscreen though.
and what exacly do you mean by "gate", could you provide a picture of sorts, i'm not 100% With english :P
Here Click
and use copper tape it reflects the magnetic field thats why all modern phones use

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here Click
and use copper tape it reflects the magnetic field thats why all modern phones use
thank's i'll get some copper tape, place it over it, the sd card is not close to my charging coil so that should be fine, but won't charge wirelessly for now untill i got the inside all wrapt up in copper :P
i'll look in to the gate's stuff too, but not today thanks though =)

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here Click
wouldn't charing from 2 output's in to the same input result in it being parallel? i have the wireless charger connected to the charging port of the n3ds so that would make it parallel or not? so voltages shouldn't stack or am i missing something?

Edit: i have a broken n3ds eu motherboard + a spare powerboard, plugging a charger in gives me charging light, i'm gonna replicate charging from two sources in the name of science, this dead mobo will once again have use again ! =D

Last edited by Dennis G,

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Great news. i've tested it with my second motherboard, and if i put my "wired" 3ds charging on to my wireless charge pad. my charge pad will not charge it as soon as it pull out the wire from my 3ds the wireless charge pad lights up (meaning it has connection) and starts wireless charging my 3ds =) so i'm all good, even when i wireless charge and then put the charger in it won't double charge it, it wil disable one or the other, idk how but i think that's a safety feature on wireless chargers that they wont charge if ther is already current on the receiver or something.

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Funfact, i'm here after 4 years and found this post, and can report back that 4 years later my n3ds xl is still 100% working and i've only ever been charging it wirelessly since i did that in 2016, the touchscreen works flawless and so does anything else, so the longterm effects of wireless charging don't seem to be an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?